Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Emacs color syntax highlighting Post 302121500 by viejid on Friday 15th of June 2007 02:50:10 PM
Old 06-15-2007
Emacs color syntax highlighting

So... i cant get it to work.

I had already posted this but it got deleted. Details:

Im running SSH shell on Windows XP, connecting to a server whose term is vt100 (someone asked me that last time)

Im trying to get the syntax highlighting in cc mode to work in color, but its black and white, and i cant change it. SO th first question is "can i change it"? The second one is how.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

color in emacs... when ssh-ing to my FreeBSD box

I'm trying to be able to get color with my SSH sessions (I'm using PuTTY) when using Emacs... but I've been unable to. Someone told me to change the Terminal-type string to "xterm-color" and I've tried that... but I still can't get any color. Any and all help will be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

color highlighting with 'more','grep' and 'vi'

Hi all, i would to find out how can i turn on color hightlighting with the 'more' command. When i view a big file, i tend to use the 'more' command and i would search for a interested string with the '/' command. Something the search returns more than 1 line found on the screen, how can i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Emacs set-cursor-color in iTerm problem

Hi I'm trying to customise emacs to work within iTerm (I've aliased emacs = emacs -nw so it runs inside my shell) but I can't get the 'set-cursor-color' to work. I have the following in my .emacs file: (set-cursor-color "LightSkyBlue") ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepperjacl
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

gedit/gtksourceview: Updating types for syntax highlighting?

I wrote a new .lang file for syntax highlighting a language I use frequently. It works fine, except that it doesn't glob onto the files automatically. Is there a utility I need to run to update a gtksourceview database? Here's the relevant portion of the code. <language id="pari"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
0 Replies

5. AIX

[Vim] Question about syntax highlighting

Hi all, my sysadmin installed Vim packages (vim-enhanced-6.3-1 & vim-common-6.3-1) on an Aix system (7.1.0.0). I log in using Putty (vs 0.54) and got an annoying underline issue. All strings and var names are underlined as you can see on the attached file Is it possible to get rid of that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reapplying syntax highlighting in vim

I had a bash script (ma_report.sh) that I was editing when my VPN connection died. So, when I reconnected, I recovered my changes and reopened the file. Everything looks fine except that there is no longer any syntax highlighting. Using ':syntax on' does not work. Other bash scripts in vim do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Code Tags (Syntax Highlighting)

Hey, Just added a new UserCP option so you can change the code tags to look like the code tags in this example (turn this on and off): Note: I set the default to "SyntaxHighlighting" for debugging purposes. We can change the default back to the original code tags later. ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
36 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)