Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find command to detect installations Post 302121323 by goldenglobe on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 05:57:50 AM
Old 06-13-2007
find command to detect installations

Hi
I'm wondering how I can find all the files which were installed on certain date?

For example: I'm looking for alle the files which were installed on the 11.09.06 on the system.

Does somebody know how to do this?

Thanks

Reto

Last edited by goldenglobe; 06-13-2007 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: correction

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Installations of Solaris

First off, I'm pretty new to Solaris, although I know Windows very well. I have a mixed Wintel, Linux and SPARC/Solaris environment and am looknig for a way to make short work of installing Solaris. I know there is a network booting option and there are the WebStart (configurable) and JumpStart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeekerC
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Multiple Perl installations on HP-UX

This will undoubtedly seem like a problem that should be easily resolved but... We are having some 'issues' getting multiple versions of Perl installed on our HP-UX servers (11.11 & 11.23). Now, I'm not a Sys Admin but I believe the reason behind this is that the Perl installation which comes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macer
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to automatically detect command failure

I have a shell script. In this script I executes various command and my requirement is such that if any command fails I've to terminate the shell script. To achieve this objective I'm checking the value of $? after each command and if its value is greater thaen I 'exit' the script. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok2008
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script detect to find OS version/flavour

Hi, A newbie question. Following script gives no output. =============================== root@srv # cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}' Red root@srv # cat 123.sh if (( `cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}'` != CentOS )); then { echo "System runs on Redhat Linux. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
13 Replies

5. AIX

how to detect removable disks or volume in AIX using command

Hi I am new to AIX and any help regarding the same would be really appriciated, thanks In advance. My priority issue is how to detect from command line that the volume / disk on AIX machine is a USB or removable disk /volume and if possible can we list out details for that disk / volume (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mak_mailbox
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to detect kind of command for root only?

Dear all, Please help me clarify why i cannot run command in /sbin directory (ex: /sbin/fdisk -l )! I've checked permission on files which belong /sbin directory with execute permission. However, i still cannot run with normal user. Sorry for my English. thanks all, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep command to detect presence of script run

i have this line of code on a korn shell script to detect the presence of script run: ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` sometimes this returns either 1, 2, or 3. when it returns 2 or 3 that tells us that there are more than 1 script of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Htop - How to detect exact command running at background

Hello, I am running a python file from terminal and I wish to see which code is running at background. When I use htop, I see just a few commands, unable to see entire command. htop > report nano report Output: ^ Following parts of ffmpeg line is not shown by htop. Just showing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
7 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Detect and run command upon mouse movement

I am trying to find a way to run a command upon any movement of a mouse. The 1st statement shows the mouse co-ordinates. So it can detect mouse movement. xinput test 9 First list input devices: $ xinput list If possible, I would like to use it in a bash script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLINFO(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)

NAME
dh_installinfo - install info files SYNOPSIS
dh_installinfo [debhelperoptions] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinfo is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing info files into usr/share/info in the package build directory. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.info List info files to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installinfo automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. file ... Install these info files into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)