Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find command to detect installations Post 302121323 by goldenglobe on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 05:57:50 AM
Old 06-13-2007
find command to detect installations

Hi
I'm wondering how I can find all the files which were installed on certain date?

For example: I'm looking for alle the files which were installed on the 11.09.06 on the system.

Does somebody know how to do this?

Thanks

Reto

Last edited by goldenglobe; 06-13-2007 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: correction

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Installations of Solaris

First off, I'm pretty new to Solaris, although I know Windows very well. I have a mixed Wintel, Linux and SPARC/Solaris environment and am looknig for a way to make short work of installing Solaris. I know there is a network booting option and there are the WebStart (configurable) and JumpStart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeekerC
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Multiple Perl installations on HP-UX

This will undoubtedly seem like a problem that should be easily resolved but... We are having some 'issues' getting multiple versions of Perl installed on our HP-UX servers (11.11 & 11.23). Now, I'm not a Sys Admin but I believe the reason behind this is that the Perl installation which comes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macer
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to automatically detect command failure

I have a shell script. In this script I executes various command and my requirement is such that if any command fails I've to terminate the shell script. To achieve this objective I'm checking the value of $? after each command and if its value is greater thaen I 'exit' the script. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok2008
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script detect to find OS version/flavour

Hi, A newbie question. Following script gives no output. =============================== root@srv # cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}' Red root@srv # cat 123.sh if (( `cat /etc/redhat-release | awk {'print $1}'` != CentOS )); then { echo "System runs on Redhat Linux. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
13 Replies

5. AIX

how to detect removable disks or volume in AIX using command

Hi I am new to AIX and any help regarding the same would be really appriciated, thanks In advance. My priority issue is how to detect from command line that the volume / disk on AIX machine is a USB or removable disk /volume and if possible can we list out details for that disk / volume (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mak_mailbox
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to detect kind of command for root only?

Dear all, Please help me clarify why i cannot run command in /sbin directory (ex: /sbin/fdisk -l )! I've checked permission on files which belong /sbin directory with execute permission. However, i still cannot run with normal user. Sorry for my English. thanks all, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep command to detect presence of script run

i have this line of code on a korn shell script to detect the presence of script run: ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` sometimes this returns either 1, 2, or 3. when it returns 2 or 3 that tells us that there are more than 1 script of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Htop - How to detect exact command running at background

Hello, I am running a python file from terminal and I wish to see which code is running at background. When I use htop, I see just a few commands, unable to see entire command. htop > report nano report Output: ^ Following parts of ffmpeg line is not shown by htop. Just showing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
7 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Detect and run command upon mouse movement

I am trying to find a way to run a command upon any movement of a mouse. The 1st statement shows the mouse co-ordinates. So it can detect mouse movement. xinput test 9 First list input devices: $ xinput list If possible, I would like to use it in a bash script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_BUGFILES(1)