Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 to Solaris 9
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 to Solaris 9 Post 302121319 by porter on Wednesday 13th of June 2007 05:21:50 AM
Old 06-13-2007
From memory fresh installs reformat the drive.

I personally would assume the worst and ensure I had a complete reliable backup.

Do you have a duplicate system you can try this out on?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)					      General Commands Manual						RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)

NAME
rdiff-backup-fs - Filesystem for accessing rdiff-backup archives. SYNOPSIS
rdiff-backup-fs <mount_point> <repository> [repositories ...] [-option ...] DESCRIPTION
rdiff-backup-fs is a filesystem in userspace that reads rdiff-backup archives and provides convenient access. OPTIONS
--debug <0-4> Run rdiff-backup-fs in foreground with given verbosity of debug messages. -f, --full Store information about all revisions in memory. CAUTION: this may take a lot of memory if your archive contains many revisions. -l, --last Displays files from the most recent increment as directories, each holding every version of the file. CAUTION: this stores informa- tion about all revisions in memory and therefore may take a lot of memory if archive contains many revisions. -c <n>, --caching <n> How many files retrieved from the rdiff-backup archive may be cached by filesystem. By default rdiff-backup-fs will cache up to 10 files. If this switch is set to 0, no caching will be done. -r <n>, --revisions <n> How many revisions should be stored in memory for on demand revision retrieval. By default rdiff-backup-fs will store up to 10 revi- sions in memory. -d, --directory <path> Set directory for directory with temporary files. By default rdiff-backup-fs uses /tmp. -v, --version Print version of rdiff-backup-fs and exit. SEE ALSO
rdiff-backup(1) COPYRIGHT
rdiff-backup-fs is Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Filip Gruszczyski. rdiff-backup-fs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. AUTHORS
Filip Gruszczyski <gruszczy@gmail.com> RDIFF-BACKUP-FS(1)