Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to monitor ports
Operating Systems Solaris how to monitor ports Post 302121094 by blowtorch on Monday 11th of June 2007 07:39:23 PM
Old 06-11-2007
lsof might be another option here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ports???

Ok, I've been working in the IT field for about 3 years now and I never fully understood the concept of ip ports. I just started a new job that uses Solaris and today it kinda clicked in my head and I want to know if I'm right or wrong. Does each ip address have multiple ports. because we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ports

What are some good sites that list all TPC/UDP ports? ~thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ireeneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ports...

Hello UNIX people... This is my first foray into the UNIX world so go easy on me... I have a client who has hired me to do some work on his windows stuff, BUT it just so happens his UNIX server started giving him problems... He is running SCO Open Server 5.0.6 The TTY ports won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechKnow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor: Read from the monitor

Hello, I would like to write a script that use the display as an input. In the display there is a list of file. I want to use it as an array and this would be the input in my script. Does somebody know how do I make it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig8
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ports

When the netstat -an command is run on current unix machine, it seems that there's an excessive amount of ports established (roughly 600). How can I tell what each of these ports are being used for? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastchance551
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Monitor List of Ports

Hi, I'm in need of a script that can monitor a list of 12 ports.. If one of the ports isn't in listening mode then email me.. The list of ports are 26401 - 26412.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclipseagent
6 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Linux

Packages that monitor OS configs and service/ports?

I have several Redhat servers and workstations that I need to be able to monitor for any changes and be notified of any changes to the OS. The features I need to specifically monitor are: ports - opening of new ports that are not already in a whitelist services - any starting or attempts to start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JCDinPGH
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)					      Pacemaker Configuration					     OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)

NAME
ocf_pacemaker_ping - node connectivity SYNOPSIS
[OCF_RESKEY_pidfile=string] [OCF_RESKEY_dampen=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_name=string] [OCF_RESKEY_multiplier=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_host_list=string] [OCF_RESKEY_attempts=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_timeout=integer] [OCF_RESKEY_options=string] [OCF_RESKEY_debug=string] ping [start | stop | reload | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Every time the monitor action is run, this resource agent records (in the CIB) the current number of ping nodes the host can connect to. It is essentially the same as pingd except that it uses the system ping tool to obtain the results. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
OCF_RESKEY_pidfile = string [/ping-] PID file OCF_RESKEY_dampen = integer [5s] Dampening interval The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur OCF_RESKEY_name = string [pingd] Attribute name The name of the attributes to set. This is the name to be used in the constraints. OCF_RESKEY_multiplier = integer [] Value multiplier The number by which to multiply the number of connected ping nodes by OCF_RESKEY_host_list = string [] Host list The list of ping nodes to count. OCF_RESKEY_attempts = integer [2] no. of ping attempts Number of ping attempts, per host, before declaring it dead OCF_RESKEY_timeout = integer [2] ping timeout in seconds How long, in seconds, to wait before declaring a ping lost OCF_RESKEY_options = string [] Extra Options A catch all for any other options that need to be passed to ping. OCF_RESKEY_debug = string [false] Verbose logging Enables to use default attrd_updater verbose logging on every call. AUTHOR
Andrew Beekhof <andrew@beekhof.net> Author. Pacemaker Configuration 04/17/2012 OCF_PACEMAKER_PING(7)