Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Raw file system
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Unix Raw file system Post 302121025 by sysgate on Monday 11th of June 2007 10:17:54 AM
Old 06-11-2007
The question is vague, what do you mean by "raw" ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I send a file as an attachment (gzip file) on a Unix system

Hi, How do I send a file as an attachment (gzip file) on a Unix system ? Using sendmail. Please help me. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacca
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAW File System

Hi Guys, I'm a windows user.......... I got a hard drive that windows recognize as a RAS FS ....and I don't know what is RAW file system ... can you help me guys ??? is there any way that I can access the data written on this drive from windows 2000 operations system ??? Thanks & Best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: night1901
1 Replies

3. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I check if I have raw filesystem on unix/linux

Hello again. Please can someone tell me how can i check if my filesystem is raw on unix/linux ? Is there some file to check or something like that to be sure ? also , when i do : $ ls -l /dev/rdisk i get among other things , this also(there resides are oracle related files) : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

5. Fedora

Raw File System

Hi! This is my first post!!! I'm sorry if i will have mistakes in english... feel free to correct me :) -------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a SanDisk Flash Drive 16GB. He is in RAW file system. The files in the drive doesnt importent and i just want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efid845
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX FILE SYSTEM

Dear All, We are using COMPAQ DS -10 machines with UNIX 4.0F System is behaving abnormal some directories shows full and they should not be . here is df -k output of a machines file system----1024 block-----used--available--capacity--mounted on /dev/rz17h-----8680793----- 1 --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.jahangir
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)