Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and insert between Pattrens... Post 302120962 by pbsrinivas on Monday 11th of June 2007 02:41:50 AM
Old 06-11-2007
awk ' /WRITEQ/,/END-EXEC/ { if ( $0 ~ /RESP/ ) {print; print "TSQCHG MAIN";next}}; 1' filename

i have changed this to

awk ' /WRITEQ/,/END-EXEC/ { if ( $0 ~ /RESP/ ) { print "TSQCHG MAIN";print;next}}; 1' filename

to print TSQCHG MAIN before RESP...
but if the RESP is not found i wanted that to be before "END-EXEC"....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and insert

how can i modify a file using sed when searching for a pattern and insert newline after the pattern? pattern example: $ ...(any characters)...$ $ may082001.../tmp/msg.001,,$ REPT CLEAR ALARMS ON UNIT 1 $ may082001.../tmp/msg.002,,$ UNIT 1 IN SERVICE into: $... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to change a set of lines between two given Pattrens

Hi All I have a Small Requiement I wanted to replace all the Follwing lines as follows Input:: file1 EVALUATE WS-TEMP-ATTR(15:1) WHEN 'D' MOVE DFHDARK TO WS-ATTR-COLOR WHEN OTHER MOVE DFHDFT ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens.

i wanted to search between pattrens so i used awk /"EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS"/,/END-IF/ but the some change is AAAAAAAA EXEC CICS DELETEQ TS IF ..... END-IF.... XXXXXx XXX IF (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between pattrens with one string in one or other line........

Hi have a lots of files with this type of code Example--1 PROCEDURE DIVISION USING AAA BBB CCC. Example--2 PROCEDURE DIVISION Some Commented Lines.... USING AAA BBB CCC. Example--3 (12 Replies)
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a line and insert string into specific at position

Hi, guys. I have one question: How can I search for a line with certain string in it and then insert a string into this line? For example: There is a file called shadow, the contents of it are below: ************************** ... yuanz:VIRADxMsadfDF/Q:0:0:50:7:::... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - search for string and insert line above

Hi,, Please excuse my lack of knowledge here. I think I am tring to do something fairly advanced yet am a bit of a beginner..... I want to use a korn shell (as is the norm with others in my company) to write a script to search a file for a string and insert some text above that line. Sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoDarley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Insert

Hi All I got one problem and want your help,what i want to do is Input 123 key0=A;B;C;:key1=X;Y;Z;: here 123 is a username I should search the username (in this case it is 123) in file and if found it should insert the additional string D as below Here 123 and key are tab seperated ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for / and insert \ for every instance

Hi, I want to do a sed (linux) or the alternative in PHP to insert a backslash in front of every occurrence of every forward slash ex. /archive/data/stanley --> \/archive\/data\/stanley I appreciate it! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Insert

I have a following file: # User defined in group admin = boss, sysadmin phpteam = php1, php2, php3 rubyteam = ruby1, ruby2 # SVN root should only be access by boss and system admin @admin = rw * = # Main web repository should only be access by boss and system admin, others... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a certain char and insert new text if a match found

Have a file which has the create statement like below create table emp ( empno integer, empname char(50)) primary index(empno); i need to find a string starting with create and ends with semi-colon ;. if so insert the below statement before create statement rename table emp to emp_rename;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
2 Replies
END(7)								   SQL Commands 							    END(7)

NAME
END - commit the current transaction SYNOPSIS
END [ WORK | TRANSACTION ] DESCRIPTION
END commits the current transaction. All changes made by the transaction become visible to others and are guaranteed to be durable if a crash occurs. This command is a PostgreSQL extension that is equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)]. PARAMETERS
WORK TRANSACTION Optional key words. They have no effect. NOTES
Use ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] to abort a transaction. Issuing END when not inside a transaction does no harm, but it will provoke a warning message. EXAMPLES
To commit the current transaction and make all changes permanent: END; COMPATIBILITY
END is a PostgreSQL extension that provides functionality equivalent to COMMIT [commit(7)], which is specified in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
BEGIN [begin(7)], COMMIT [commit(7)], ROLLBACK [rollback(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 END(7)