Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Left click select,right click copy Post 302120948 by new2ss on Sunday 10th of June 2007 10:54:56 PM
Old 06-10-2007
Left click select,right click copy

Hi all,

when i ssh into my linux machine, i can do a double left click and then right click to paste it anywhere i need.

However, on the actual machine, in the terminal, i cannot do a double left click and right click to paste it. i need to right click and select Copy followed by click click and 'Paste' at the target location.

How can i set my terminal to allow the same double left click and then right click to paste?

-----------------
i managed to find the solution to my problem. in ssh, i could do a paste with the right click because the ssh program is configured to do so. If i am in the actual machine, opening a terminal, the paste function can be achieved by clicking on the centre button or the wheel, depending on what kind of mouse i am using.

Last edited by new2ss; 08-20-2007 at 12:31 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Click here to search

This is a niCe idea. BUT it is makeing my eyes cross due to the color contrast of the letters. can you do it in a matching yellow/white/black anything other then the red would be great. it makes it annoying to look at that portion of the screen. But it is a great idea. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Click here for the best unix in the world!!!!

To anyone who asks which Unix is the best... or which one I should use... Probably the best timeline I have ever seen. Read this link... http://www.levenez.com/unix/history.html#08 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting for right click

Hi All, how do i write a bash script to mimic my right button click.. we have a design software which gives results based upon our conditon, and we can right click and it will show options to export as a particular file, As i want to do the above sequence for several iterations, is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayi
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the folder which I right click

Hi! I don't use to program much with unix but it would be useful to create a script to move a folder to a default directory. For example I right click on a directory and the script moves it to the home folder At the moment I've this but doesn't work: and I also tryed this and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
0 Replies

5. Programming

Xlib programming - Emulating left click press/released

Hi, Lately my university asked me to develop an application to be installed on some computers for the disabled. I've developed a head tracking software (it moves the cursor on the screen following your head's movements using a webcam), and it works greatly so far except for a missing feature.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlackLight
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to Right Click On Laptop

I have had an apple mac book for several months. I have been learning about it, I even got the snow leopard manual. It says nothing about right clicking on the apple mouse interface(trackpad?). How do I do this? Thank You.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Copy on right click not available on FTP URL

I had a query that if the ftp service is enabled on a RHEL server, then, why is the right-click on the URL which is like: ftp://10.101.18.19 does not yield a save-as box? But if I do a ftp to the server like ftp <server_name> the mget for a file works. I hope my query is clear... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies
sview(1)							  SLURM Commands							  sview(1)

NAME
sview - graphical user interface to view and modify SLURM state. SYNOPSIS
sview DESCRIPTION
sview can be used to view SLURM configuration, job, step, node and partitions state information. Authorized users can also modify select information. The primary display modes are Jobs and Partitions, each with a selection tab. There is also an optional map of the nodes on the left side of the window which will show the nodes associated with each job or partition. Left-click on the tab of the display you would like to see. Right-click on the tab in order to control which fields will be displayed. Within the display window, left-click on the header to control the sort order of entries (e.g. increasing or decreasing) in the display. You can also left-click and drag the headers to move them right or left in the display. If a JobID has an arrow next to it, click on that arrow to display or hide information about that job's steps. Right-click on a line of the display to get more information about the record. There is an Admin Mode option which permits the user root to modify many of the fields displayed, such as node state or job time limit. In the mode, a SLURM Reconfigure Action is also available. It is recommended that Admin Mode be used only while modifications are actively being made. Disable Admin Mode immediately after the changes to avoid possibly making unintended changes. NOTES
The sview command can only be build if gtk+-2.0 is installed. Systems lacking these libraries will have SLURM installed without the sview command. At least some gtk themes are unable to display large numbers of lines (jobs, nodes, etc). The information is still in gtk's internal data structures, but not visible by scrolling down the window. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 The Regents of the University of California. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Lawrence Livermore National Security. Pro- duced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved. This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <http://www.schedmd.com/slurmdocs/>. SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
sinfo(1), squeue(1), scontrol(1), slurm.conf(5), sched_setaffinity (2), numa (3) February 2011 SLURM 2.3 sview(1)