Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Advanced LS?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Advanced LS? Post 302120939 by aigles on Sunday 10th of June 2007 03:40:40 PM
Old 06-10-2007
To list full name of all files in a directory and tis subdirectories :
Code:
find directory -type f -print

If you pipe the result to sort and/or uniq, you will never find duplicates files since files are with their full path.

You can start with something like that :
Code:
find directory -type f -print | sed 's!\(.*\)/!\1 !' | sort -k2,2 -k1,1

And after...
In fact the problem is to determine what are a duplicate files : files with same name, same name and same contents ...
When two or more files are identified as duplicates, which one will be deleted ?

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced For loop

Is it possible to code a FOR loop within Bourne/Korn shell of the form: for i in somelist AND j in anotherlist do echo $i $j done Basically I have two "lists", say: listA= "1 2 3 4 5" listB= "a b c d e" I want to step through these lists simultaneously and with one echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: petrk1
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced Getopts

Hi all, I am using getops to get the arguments passed by the command line. However, I need to specify some rules regarding the parameter sent. For eg: I have script called MyScript which accept parameter d, I, E, r, u so the usage should be like this: MyScript So far, I finished... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefan_hery
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced replace

Hello, How can I replace the following with null from a file ";var "d=e";"^x" replace "";var "d=e";"^x"" "" -- filename ; doesnot work nor if I use \ in between. Please advise. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced I/O

What is Stream Devices and Stream pipes? Explain Advanced I/O ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thangappan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

advanced deletion

How can i delete the contents of the directory except one file? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced printf

I want to print: WELCOME TO MY WORLD Where "WELCOME TO MY WORLD" will be in green (32) and the underline will be in yellow (33). How can i do the above using printf. printf "`tput smul`\033 leaves both the text and the underline in green. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

advanced awk

Hi all Input group1 user1 user2 user3 group2 user4 user5 user1 group3 user6 user7 user8 Desired output group1 group2 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
12 Replies

8. Programming

Books for advanced C

Simple question , what good book is next step in learning C. I finished with K&R and I want to go to the next step , so if someone has a good book please share title :D I looked for Advanced C programming by example but it is too expansive 400$ on Amazon :( So please tell me (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with advanced wget

Hi All, I am trying to download large no of data using wget. the URLS are saved in a file. I want to want for a few seconds after every URL is downloaded so i saw the option -w with wget but it does not seem to work. Can any one give me a working usage. wget -i ../file1t -o ../Outlog.log -N -S... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnasvini
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT - advanced help

Hi, i need to automate installation (console) of product and found except as solution.iam new to expect and know basics of expect. i am struck with the following cases and need help for them to continue: 1) in every screen of installation at the end we have kind of buttons which we need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai Harika
7 Replies
condor_rmdir(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   condor_rmdir(1)

Name
       condor_rmdir Windows - only no-fail deletion of directories

Synopsis
       condor_rmdir [/HELP | /?]

condor_rmdir@filename

condor_rmdir[/VERBOSE] [/DIAGNOSTIC] [/PATH:<path>] [/S] [/C] [/Q] [/NODEL] directory

Description
       condor_rmdircan delete a specified directory, and will not fail if the directory contains files that have ACLs that deny the SYSTEM process
       delete access, unlike the built-in Windows rmdircommand.

The directory to be removed together with other command line arguments may be specified within a file named filename, prefixing this  argu-
       ment with an  @ character.

The  condor_rmdir.exeexecutable is is intended to be used by Condor with the /S/Coptions, which cause it to recurse into subdirectories and
       continue on errors.

Options
       /HELP

Print usage information.

/?

Print usage information.

/VERBOSE

Print detailed output.

/DIAGNOSTIC

Print out the internal flow of control information.

/PATH:<path>

Remove the directory given by <path>.

/S

Include subdirectories in those removed.

/C

Continue even if access is denied.

/Q

Print error output only.

/NODEL

Do not remove directories. ACLs may still be changed.

Exit Status
       condor_rmdirwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the standard HRESULT error code upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						   condor_rmdir(1)