Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to store Data in a File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to store Data in a File Post 302120908 by Shell_Life on Saturday 9th of June 2007 08:23:49 AM
Old 06-09-2007
Krishna,
One important thing to remember is the difference between
single ">" (creates a new file) and double ">>" (creates the file
if it does not exists, if it exists, appends to it).
This User Gave Thanks to Shell_Life For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the data retrived by a select query into variables?

Hi Friends, Can u please help mw with the following query . I need to run a database sql statement to select particular fields from a table.I need to store the retrieved filed values into variables so that i can print it in a specific format. But the particular select query retrieves more... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data and store in database

Hello all, I have this text file data. The data are separated by comma in three column and space or line feed to start a new row anderson helberg, Jane, brother Sister ,mother,grandpa bombay,new york, china I would like store them in the following format. field1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

store the table data in excel file

Hello - I have a below table and i want to extract the data into excel sheet and send to different location. Here is the table structure... SQL> desc t_i1_exportdocs Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- --------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store data from dynamic website table

hi everybody, Asking for something that I´m not sure if it´s possible to implement. I hope be clear enough. Well, my issue is that I´m looking how to copy or extract a particular table content of a website. I get the content from a external feed (Iframe format), the content is updated every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Retrieving data from a database and store to a file

Hi I'm using and Oracle 10g Database. I want to write a script to retrieve data from the database and store it toa file. I'm using simple sql statements such as Select * from celltable I don't know how to specify the database name etc. I have this but it doesn't work ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

6. Programming

Problem to create class to store data

May I know how do I create a class to store data with different variables? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eel
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store Large data in Variable in csh

Hi All, This is my first post!! :) How to store huge data in a single variable in csh. Right now i can store upto ~700kb of data. I still want to store more data and i dont want to use perl. Is there any method to store like that...Please let me know.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sequential files and store data in single file

1)In a particualr path i have a set of inputfiles like path:/defaultmis/MonthlyLoads/INFA_EXPORT_022013/map* example: 1)map_de 2)map_cod 3)map_feg ........and so on in above path there wil be nearly 15 to 20 files starting with map and in other path i have another file input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract data from a file and store it in a variable

Hi , I have an file like below , cat input.txt 'Pattern2' => 'blahdalskdahdlahldahdlakhdlahdlkajdlkaadasdadadadadadadasda ajlalnalndklandlaksdlkaddd' 'Pattern2' => 'aohaonalkndlanldandlandklasnldnaldnak' ............ ........ ..... Here is what am trying to do , I want to grep for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
3 Replies
KEYCTL_LINK(3)						    Linux Key Management Calls						    KEYCTL_LINK(3)

NAME
keyctl_link - Link a key to a keyring keyctl_unlink - Unlink a key from a keyring SYNOPSIS
#include <keyutils.h> long keyctl_link(key_serial_t key, key_serial_t keyring); long keyctl_unlink(key_serial_t key, key_serial_t keyring); DESCRIPTION
keyctl_link() creates a link from keyring to key, displacing any link to another key of the same type and description in that keyring if one exists. keyctl_unlink() removes the link from keyring to key if it exists. The caller must have write permission on a keyring to be able create or remove links in it. The caller must have link permission on a key to be able to create a link to it. RETURN VALUE
On success keyctl_link() and keyctl_unlink() return 0. On error, the value -1 will be returned and errno will have been set to an appro- priate error. ERRORS
ENOKEY The key or the keyring specified are invalid. EKEYEXPIRED The key or the keyring specified have expired. EKEYREVOKED The key or the keyring specified have been revoked. EACCES The keyring exists, but is not writable by the calling process. For keyctl_link() only: ENOMEM Insufficient memory to expand the keyring EDQUOT Expanding the keyring would exceed the keyring owner's quota. EACCES The key exists, but is not linkable by the calling process. LINKING
This is a library function that can be found in libkeyutils. When linking, -lkeyutils should be specified to the linker. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), add_key(2), keyctl(2), request_key(2), keyctl(3), request-key(8) Linux 4 May 2006 KEYCTL_LINK(3)