Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati Post 302120798 by porter on Friday 8th of June 2007 08:48:35 AM
Old 06-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy163
Could you please be more specific.
You wanted a client/server solution?

http - Hyper Text Transfer Protocol - the protocol WebServers/Browsers use
html - HypterText Markup Language - the format of data used on majority of Web Pages
cgi - Common Gateway Interface - the simplest way of getting real data quickly onto pages

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Programming languages polyglots: how many languages you know?

Post what languages (including scripting) you know, why and where you think that language is most usable. Also include libraries in which you're really good at (libusb, gtk, qt, etc). assembly? C or C++? perl or python? pascal? bash or csh/tcsh? opengl? gtk or qt? mono? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
27 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX : Create LV with poor man stripe

Hi all I have just had SAN allocate 4*30 GB of disks and had created a new scalable vg and assigned the disks to it: I used smitty to create vg and the command is: x -y'vgdata1' hdisk82 hdisk83 hdisk84 hdisk85 root@aadcxs08 / : lsvg vgdata1 VOLUME GROUP: vgdata1 VG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How can I learn computer programming languages on my own?

I would love the idea to develop games. How can I teach myself computer programming? What programs or software must I use? I have the new iMac? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones

In case you have not seen it, we have a UNIX and Linux Timeline on FB. If you have a few free moments, could you review the timeline and post back here in this thread with your suggestions and ideas for new entries and milestones? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies

8. Hardware

USB interface to HP ux R Class machine

mine current HP R class machine comes with scsi but not usb port. i am thinking it is possible to get a scsi to usb converter to help to connect usb-enabled devices such as usb-enabled dvd writer, usb-enabled portable hard disk. pls advise. thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
1 Replies
MOTHRA(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MOTHRA(1)

NAME
mothra - retrieve World-Wide Web files SYNOPSIS
mothra [ url ] DESCRIPTION
Mothra retrieves and displays files from the World-Wide Web, by name or through hypertext links. Web names, called URLs, have a peculiar syntax: http://netlib.att.com/netlib/1127/www/1127.html http://akebono.stanford.edu:80/yahoo/ http://www.teleport.com/~crowell/ file:/sys/lib/mothra/help.html file:html2.elements.html#ADDRESS ftp://ftp.gmd.de/music/scores/harrington/Harrington.readme gopher://gopher.bev.net/11/BevBus/King.Video The part up to the first colon gives the protocol for retrieving the file. http:, Hyper-Text Transfer Protocol, is the usual way of accessing web files. file: names a file in the local file system. ftp: and gopher: are standard Internet services. // begins the Internet address of the server where the file resides. The address may contain a colon and a TCP port number, which over- rides the default port number for the service. Next comes a file name. Finally, the file name may be followed by # and a string giving a label within the file where the display should begin. Mothra starts with the url given on the command line, defaulting to the environment variable $url, and finally to file:/sys/lib/mothra/start.html. The display contains the last message from mothra, a box where typed commands appear, a scrollable list of previously visited files, the title and URL of the current file, and the scrollable text of the current file. Button 1 selects and displays a file, either from the list of previously visited pages or from a link (indicated by underlined text or a boxed image) in the current file. Button 2 shows the URL of a file, but does not retrieve or display it. Button 3 pops up a menu of com- mands: save back Place a link to the current file in a `back list' for future reference. get back Retrieve and display the back list. fix cmap Adjust the display's color map so that images will have correct colors. exit Ask for confirmation and quit. The typed commands are: g url Get the page with the given URL. s file Save the current file in the given file. q Quit. ? h Get help. When mothra retrieves a file that is not an HTML document (for example a GIF or JPEG image), it will start up an appropriate viewer, for example fb/9v (see 9v(9.1)) for image files. FILES
/sys/lib/mothra/* $home/lib/mothra/back.html the back list $home/lib/mothra/mothra.url log of visited URLs $home/lib/mothra/mothra.err log of error messages, including HTML syntax errors SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/mothra BUGS
ftp: URLs are not supported. Files are saved in the form received, not in the form suggested by the name in an s command. Mothra is distributed in a preliminary state; it has more than its share of bugs. MOTHRA(1)