Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers please suggest computer languages to create man-machine interface for Linux applicati Post 302120790 by cy163 on Friday 8th of June 2007 08:01:22 AM
Old 06-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
http/html/cgi.

Colud you please be more specific.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Programming languages polyglots: how many languages you know?

Post what languages (including scripting) you know, why and where you think that language is most usable. Also include libraries in which you're really good at (libusb, gtk, qt, etc). assembly? C or C++? perl or python? pascal? bash or csh/tcsh? opengl? gtk or qt? mono? (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
27 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX : Create LV with poor man stripe

Hi all I have just had SAN allocate 4*30 GB of disks and had created a new scalable vg and assigned the disks to it: I used smitty to create vg and the command is: x -y'vgdata1' hdisk82 hdisk83 hdisk84 hdisk85 root@aadcxs08 / : lsvg vgdata1 VOLUME GROUP: vgdata1 VG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

How can I learn computer programming languages on my own?

I would love the idea to develop games. How can I teach myself computer programming? What programs or software must I use? I have the new iMac? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Please Review Our Unix/Linux Timeline and Suggest More Events and Milestones

In case you have not seen it, we have a UNIX and Linux Timeline on FB. If you have a few free moments, could you review the timeline and post back here in this thread with your suggestions and ideas for new entries and milestones? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies

8. Hardware

USB interface to HP ux R Class machine

mine current HP R class machine comes with scsi but not usb port. i am thinking it is possible to get a scsi to usb converter to help to connect usb-enabled devices such as usb-enabled dvd writer, usb-enabled portable hard disk. pls advise. thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
1 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 25 October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)