Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Recovering 5.0.7 from Bootable CD Post 302120727 by jgt on Thursday 7th of June 2007 09:33:02 PM
Old 06-07-2007
fdisk is straighforward.
divvy should be run in installation mode, this way swap will be created automatically, as well as /stand.
After creating the file systems, mount them relative to the CD before doing the restore.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recovering lost files

I noticed this in a search for more security tools... It IS possible to "undelete" a file; I suppose recover would be a better term for it. I suppose we've all made the boo-boo (that we all hopefully learned from) of deleting a file, and finding that you do not have a backup. I wouldn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. SCO

HELP! Recovering system from New Orleans!!

I am helping a company recover a system that is SCO OS 5.0.5 - they have their backup media, cd copies of SCO, but they do not have their license keys to install and SCO is being difficult in validating their license. Does anyone have an install license key for 5.0.5 that they would be willing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggraham
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recovering files removed with rm

Hello, I was reading the manual on rm and it states that when you use 'rm' the files are usual recoverable, how is this done? Does it assume that a backup system is in place? Cheers Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help recovering a backed up file

Hello, By accident I erased a file at work and I need to restore it from a backup tape. My manager says I will have to use the mt command with the fsf option to look through the tape but I am confuzed. I did a restore -t to get a listing of the tape. This is taking a long time. If I sound... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

MPI, recovering node

Hi all, I'm writing an MPI application, in which I handle failures and recover them. In order to do that, in case of one node failure, I would like to remove that node from the MPI_COMM_WORLD group and continue with the remaining nodes. Does anybody know how I can do that? I'm using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
5 Replies

7. AIX

Recovering a failed system

Hi,My system is not booting and at the startup it is getting struck.In HMC error code is coming as 0000, I know the reason of failing.I have few queries on recovery, please answer:1. I have mksysb of the system from which I can restore the system but problem is my few application mount point was a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixpank
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recovering cron job

I deleted one of the job from the cron tab. I want to get it back. How can i do this. pplease suggest me.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
1 Replies

9. SCO

Recovering OpenServer 5.0.6 onto different hardware

I'm sorting out the disaster recovery plan for a critical server. It's a Dell PowerEdge 2850 running Openserver 5.0.6a. We have a disaster recovery agreement with HP and they have just confirmed that in the event of a total disaster such as the server being totally wiped out, they would NOT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcardle
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recovering a deleted directory

I accidentally deleted a very important directory today with this rm -r. What would be the recommended way to recover my directory? After a lot of googleing I have seen these choices. Could I get some recommendations please? Testdisk Photorec- Doesn't recover file name like I would like. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
10 Replies
remote_nfs_swap(5)						File Formats Manual						remote_nfs_swap(5)

NAME
remote_nfs_swap - enable swapping across NFS VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
This tunable controls adding a NFS filesystem for use as swap. If is set to only local filesystems and devices can be used for swap. If it is set to both local and networked file systems can be used for swap. Historically, this tunable was used in NFS clusters that are no longer supported, but this capability has not yet been removed. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect on the next boot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? Almost never. As previously mentioned, this tunable was designed for systems which are not in use today. Only systems with extremely robust NFS capabilities should even consider using NFS for swap. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? If the value is set to and a NFS partition is added as swap, then some kernel memory will be set aside for NFS transactions to the swap file system. The kernel will then use the NFS swap partition just the same as a local file system. If the NFS capabilities of the system are not robust, this could lead to extremely long swap times (both swap in and swap out), and possibly a loss of memory because all the reserved memory and more could be used by NFS (just when memory pressure is high) causing the need for swap. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? Unless you are positive that the NFS system can handle the load of being used as swap, and does not have a local file system or disk drive to spare, this tunable should be set to What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? Any previously defined NFS swap filesystems will no longer be allowed. Kernel memory will not be reserved for NFS transactions due to swap. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters remote_nfs_swap(5)