Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can i see ethernet card speed in solars Post 302120683 by nag.mi2000 on Thursday 7th of June 2007 02:45:16 PM
Old 06-07-2007
how can i see ethernet card speed in solars

hai this is nagesh

when i was doing practical , i find some dought.
iam using solaris 9. how can i see the ethernet card speed , wheather it is halfduplex or full duplex.any body please help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

4. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

6. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Duplicating ethernet speed

Hi guys, Suppose you have a server with two ethernet cards (1GB each) and each cards are connecting to two different switches cisco 3750. My question is: How can I setup my server's network interfaces to increase the throughput up to 2GB? is it possible? If not, do you know another way to up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies
3C575_CB(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       3C575_CB(4)

NAME
3c575_cb - 3Com 3c575 Etherlink XL 10/100 CardBus device driver SYNOPSIS
insmod 3c575_cb.o [debug=n] [rx_copybreak=n] [max_interrupt_work=n] [use_hw_csums=n] [down_poll_rate=n] [auto_polarity=n] DESCRIPTION
3c575_cb is the low-level Card Services driver for the 3Com 3c575 EtherLink XL CardBus series ethernet adapters. When this driver is attached to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device (eth0..eth#). This information for this card will be reported in the kernel log file, and the device name passed on to cardmgr(8). The driver uses the N-Way autonegotiating transceiver to negotiate the speed and duplex of the network link. If the link partner does not support negotiation only the link speed is detected. If the on-card EEPROM is programmed for a full-duplex (FD) link, only FD media types are advertised and the link is assumed to be full- duplex. PARAMETERS
rx_copybreak=n Set the breakpoint for copying incoming frames into reduced-sized packet buffers. The default value of 200 bytes is reasonable for most systems. max_interrupt_work=n This option selects the maximum amount of work handled during each interrupt. Each received packet counts as one unit of work, as does updating statistics counters and handling errors. The default value of 32 should only need to be increased on very slow machines. An occasional "too much work in interrupt" message is not a problem. use_hw_csums=n Controls use of an adapter's on-board TCP/IP checksum verification for incoming packets. This is on by default; setting to 0 dis- ables hardware checksums. It may be useful to disable hardware checksums if it is suspected that something is corrupting data on its way from the card to the CPU. down_poll_rate=n For Cyclone and Tornado chipsets, this is the rate at which the card polls the transmit ring for new packets. The value is in units of 320 ns; a value of 0 disables polling. The default is 20 (6.4 us), and the maximum allowed value is 127. Polling is more effi- cient but can consume a significant amount of PCI bus bandwidth. This flag can be used to control the transceiver's auto polarity detection capability. Some Cisco Catalyst switches are known to interact badly with this feature in 10baseT mode. It defaults to 1 (enabled). AUTHOR
This driver: Donald Becker - becker@scyld.com Linux PC Card control software: David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net et al. SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5). pcmcia-cs 2001/06/22 01:12:38 3C575_CB(4)