Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Recovering 5.0.7 from Bootable CD Post 302120647 by teamhog on Thursday 7th of June 2007 10:58:16 AM
Old 06-07-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
The diskette has the device driver for the SCSI host adapter.
You should be able to make one from the Compaq/HP Smartstart CD.
You will also need the serial number and activation key.
Does this system have RAID?. It seems to me that a two drive system, with one of 4 to 8gb and one of 72gb is rather unusual.
More likely the system has two 72gb drives in it that are mirrored.
Some RAID systems will only boot from drive 0 of a RAID 1 configuration, so it may appear that all data has been lost even though only one of the two drives has failed.
I strongly suggest that you find a local SCO reseller, or at least a local HP dealer in order to determine the exact system configuration before you do anything.
It's not an HP Computer it's a Dell PowerEdge 1800.
It's not a RAID System.
The three file systems are on one physically installed drive.
I believe the boot CD has the SCSI driver on it already.

I'll get more information regarding the boot CD and post that shortly.

-

T'Hog

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recovering lost files

I noticed this in a search for more security tools... It IS possible to "undelete" a file; I suppose recover would be a better term for it. I suppose we've all made the boo-boo (that we all hopefully learned from) of deleting a file, and finding that you do not have a backup. I wouldn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. SCO

HELP! Recovering system from New Orleans!!

I am helping a company recover a system that is SCO OS 5.0.5 - they have their backup media, cd copies of SCO, but they do not have their license keys to install and SCO is being difficult in validating their license. Does anyone have an install license key for 5.0.5 that they would be willing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggraham
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recovering files removed with rm

Hello, I was reading the manual on rm and it states that when you use 'rm' the files are usual recoverable, how is this done? Does it assume that a backup system is in place? Cheers Jack (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Make non-bootable scsi drive, bootable

In our HP/Unix system, our master scsi drive was bootable and our mirrored drive was non-bootable. Are any of these alternatives possible: 1) Make the non-bootable scsi drive bootable? How? 2) Create a bootable scsi drive, then copy the mirrored data to the newly created scsi drive? I seek... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bfisk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help recovering a backed up file

Hello, By accident I erased a file at work and I need to restore it from a backup tape. My manager says I will have to use the mt command with the fsf option to look through the tape but I am confuzed. I did a restore -t to get a listing of the tape. This is taking a long time. If I sound... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

MPI, recovering node

Hi all, I'm writing an MPI application, in which I handle failures and recover them. In order to do that, in case of one node failure, I would like to remove that node from the MPI_COMM_WORLD group and continue with the remaining nodes. Does anybody know how I can do that? I'm using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
5 Replies

7. AIX

Recovering a failed system

Hi,My system is not booting and at the startup it is getting struck.In HMC error code is coming as 0000, I know the reason of failing.I have few queries on recovery, please answer:1. I have mksysb of the system from which I can restore the system but problem is my few application mount point was a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixpank
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recovering cron job

I deleted one of the job from the cron tab. I want to get it back. How can i do this. pplease suggest me.. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
1 Replies

9. SCO

Recovering OpenServer 5.0.6 onto different hardware

I'm sorting out the disaster recovery plan for a critical server. It's a Dell PowerEdge 2850 running Openserver 5.0.6a. We have a disaster recovery agreement with HP and they have just confirmed that in the event of a total disaster such as the server being totally wiped out, they would NOT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcardle
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recovering a deleted directory

I accidentally deleted a very important directory today with this rm -r. What would be the recommended way to recover my directory? After a lot of googleing I have seen these choices. Could I get some recommendations please? Testdisk Photorec- Doesn't recover file name like I would like. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
10 Replies
AAC(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AAC(4)

NAME
aac -- Adaptec AdvancedRAID Controller driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device aac device aacp To compile in debugging code: options AAC_DEBUG=N Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): aac_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The aac driver provides support for the Adaptec AAC family of SCSI Ultra2, Ultra160, and Ultra320, SATA and SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID containers is available via the /dev/aacd? device nodes. The aacp device enables the SCSI pass-thru interface and allows devices connected to the card such as CD-ROMs to be available via the CAM scsi(4) subsystem. Note that not all cards allow this interface to be enabled. The /dev/aac? device nodes provide access to the management interface of the controller. One node exists per installed card. The aliases /dev/afa? and /dev/hpn? exist for compatibility with the Dell and HP versions of management tools, respectively. If the kernel is compiled with the COMPAT_LINUX option, or the aac_linux.ko and linux.ko modules are loaded, the Linux-compatible ioctl(2) interface for the management device will be enabled and will allow Linux-based management applications to control the card. HARDWARE
Controllers supported by the aac driver include: o Adaptec AAC-364 o Adaptec RAID 2045 o Adaptec RAID 2405 o Adaptec RAID 2445 o Adaptec RAID 2805 o Adaptec RAID 3085 o Adaptec RAID 31205 o Adaptec RAID 31605 o Adaptec RAID 5085 o Adaptec RAID 51205 o Adaptec RAID 51245 o Adaptec RAID 51605 o Adaptec RAID 51645 o Adaptec RAID 52445 o Adaptec RAID 5405 o Adaptec RAID 5445 o Adaptec RAID 5805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3405 o Adaptec SAS RAID 3805 o Adaptec SAS RAID 4000SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4005SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4800SAS o Adaptec SAS RAID 4805SAS o Adaptec SATA RAID 2020SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2025SA ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2026ZCR o Adaptec SATA RAID 2410SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2420SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2620SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2810SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 2820SA o Adaptec SATA RAID 21610SA o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2020ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2025ZCR o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2120S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2130SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2230SLP o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3230S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3240S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 5400S o Dell CERC SATA RAID 2 o Dell PERC 2/Si o Dell PERC 2/QC o Dell PERC 3/Si o Dell PERC 3/Di o Dell PERC 320/DC o HP ML110 G2 (Adaptec SATA RAID 2610SA) o HP NetRAID 4M o IBM ServeRAID 8i o IBM ServeRAID 8k o IBM ServeRAID 8s o ICP RAID ICP5045BL o ICP RAID ICP5085BL o ICP RAID ICP5085SL o ICP RAID ICP5125BR o ICP RAID ICP5125SL o ICP RAID ICP5165BR o ICP RAID ICP5165SL o ICP RAID ICP5445SL o ICP RAID ICP5805BL o ICP RAID ICP5805SL o ICP ICP5085BR SAS RAID o ICP ICP9085LI SAS RAID o ICP ICP9047MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9067MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9087MA SATA RAID o ICP ICP9014RO SCSI RAID o ICP ICP9024RO SCSI RAID o Legend S220 o Legend S230 o Sun STK RAID REM o Sun STK RAID EM o SG-XPCIESAS-R-IN o SG-XPCIESAS-R-EX o AOC-USAS-S4i o AOC-USAS-S8i o AOC-USAS-S4iR o AOC-USAS-S8iR o AOC-USAS-S8i-LP o AOC-USAS-S8iR-LP FILES
/dev/aac? aac management interface /dev/aacd? disk/container interface DIAGNOSTICS
Compiling with AAC_DEBUG set to a number between 0 and 3 will enable increasingly verbose debug messages. The adapter can send status and alert messages asynchronously to the driver. These messages are printed on the system console, and are also queued for retrieval by a management application. SEE ALSO
kld(4), linux(4), scsi(4), kldload(8) HISTORY
The aac driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.3. AUTHORS
Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.org> Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> BUGS
This driver is not compatible with Dell controllers that have version 1.x firmware. The firmware version is the same as the kernel version printed in the BIOS POST and driver attach messages. The controller is not actually paused on suspend/resume. BSD
July 10, 2009 BSD