Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Implementing "Time Limited, Trial" version of my program Post 302120560 by porter on Thursday 7th of June 2007 05:09:54 AM
Old 06-07-2007
If you host an ftp server you could publish a version which is recompiled everyday with a datestamp in the source code.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

2. Solaris

limited ping "command" at solaris

Hi... Iam new members at this forum. and I have a little problem with "command ping" what the "command to ping at limited time", for example at linux $ping -c5 10.0.0.62 and the responed as below: 64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.843 ms 64 bytes from 10.0.0.62: icmp_seq=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilinux
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

5. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies
avahi-publish-service(1)				      General Commands Manual					  avahi-publish-service(1)

NAME
avahi-publish-service - Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name or address mapping using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-publish -s [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish-service [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...] avahi-publish -a [options] host name address avahi-publish-address [options] host name address DESCRIPTION
Register an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name/address mapping using the Avahi daemon. The daemon is not the standard Avahi daemon but a proxy to a Bonjour daemon. OPTIONS
When calling in service registration mode, specify a DNS-SD service name (e.g. "Lennart's Files"), a service type (e.g. _http._tcp) and an IP port number for the service, optionally followed by any number of TXT record strings on the command line. When calling in address/host name registration mode specify a fully qualified host name and an address (IPv4 or IPv6). -s | --service Register a service. avahi-publish-service is equivalent to avahi-publish -s. -a | --address Register an address/host name mapping. avahi-publish-address is equivalent to avahi-publish -a. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -H | --host= HOSTNAME Specify a host name for this service, in case it doesn't reside on the local host. This host name needs to be fully qualified and resolvable using mDNS or unicast DNS. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Publish the service in the specified domain. If omitted the Avahi daemon will publish it in its default domain (usually .local). --subtype= SUBTYPE Register the service with an additional subtype in addition to the main type. DNS-SD subtypes have the form _anon._sub._ftp._tcp, where _anon is the identifier of the subtype and _ftp._tcp is the main type. You may pass this option multiple times to register the service with multiple subtypes. -f | --no-fail Don't fail if the daemon is not found running. Instead, wait until it appears. If it disconnects, try to reconnect. -h | --help Show help -V | --version Show version information. SEE ALSO
avahi-resolve(1), avahi-browse(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-publish-service(1)