Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Root Folder Space Maintenance (SCO) Post 302120209 by othman on Tuesday 5th of June 2007 02:47:12 AM
Old 06-05-2007
Hi,
Please tell me how to run divvy for this?
Yes df -v show all filesystems:-
/ 33 (% Used)
/stand 55
/zlt 4
/back 4
/run 9
The 'ls li login' in /etc/defaults link exists for '/var/opt/K'.

I noticed that when i exec 'find / -name othman.rpt -print' as root I get screen-full of messages as in the Crout file ie 'var/opt/....../etc/default/filename does not exist. Surely this shouldn't happen??? Isn't this the problem as /usr/lib/cleantmp also does a find (not sure of other sys crons)? The cleantmp is run everyday at 3 3 but doesn't cause problems durring the week but maybe runs differently over week-end (due to file ageing I think)?? There are 0 size crout files everyday at 3 3 in /tmp.

This is very puzzling!!!
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

space in perticular folder in unix

can any one tell me how to know the free space in perticular folder in unix. size in bytes/MB. thanks in adv. spandu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trick to ignore space in folder name

Hello All, I am getting error while passing a folder name that has space to the cmd line argument. sh log_delete2.sh "/home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A RM" log_delete2.sh: line 17: cd: /home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulkit
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in folder name

hi my folder name is below FTP_DIR="/DATA/TEMP/PA Mthly and Qrty files" But when i am using the varaible in my ftp shel script i am getting the error '/DATA/TEMP/VA: The system cannot find the path specified please advice. thanks in advance sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating space in root folder

Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows any great ways for creating space in your Root Folder. My root folder was created with only 247.7MB & I found out that its now full & I was initially wondering how important the "thumbnails Folder" was & if it was alright to delete their contenses as I noticed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the folder with space in name.

A solaris server with SAMBA share folder. The PC users created many folders with space on it, I want to find them out, but not list its subfolders. For example, I have below folders Copy of ABC/efg/xy sa/Test again/xyt If I use command: find . -type d |grep " " I will list 6 folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Protecting a folder/directory against root access.

A friend and I run a vbulletin forum which recently got hacked. We believe what wound up happening was the attacker gained access to the VPS box and from there elevated their user accounts to admin status on our forums. Obviously if someone gets into our box in the future it'll be a disaster so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fannypack
1 Replies

7. SCO

root out of space in sco 5

DEAR Team, I need some help in sco open server 5 while booting server beloow message giving server HTFS no space dev HD 1/42 Thanks Skb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
4 Replies

8. Solaris

root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)

I have message "root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)" after Solaris 10 boots up. Why it appears ? thx for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Which Folder occupies more space?

Hi, What are the correct parameters to list folders size in MBs under a particular directory in HP-UX ? I know and commands but cannot get the output of folder sizes in MBs. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from Space Folder to other folder

I want to move a folder with spaces from one folder to another. I have two folders like this, 1).RT_032-222 -4444-01/ 2). RT_032-555 -7777-01/ I want to move files from 2 to 1 through shell script.Here I want to assign this like a user defined variable like as Source branch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
pmvarrun(8)							     pam_mount							       pmvarrun(8)

Name
       pmvarrun - updates /var/run/pam_mount/user

Syntax
       pmvarrun -u user [options]

Description
       A  separate  program is needed so that /var/run/pam_mount/user may be created with a pam_mount-specific security context (otherwise SELinux
       policy will conflict with gdm, which also creates file in /var/run).

pmvarrun is flexible and can run in a number of different security setups:

root-root
       When pmvarrun is invoked as root, /var/run/pam_mount's permission settings can be as strict as needed; usually (0755,root,root) is  a  good
       pick  as  it  gives  users the debug control over their refcount. Refcount files are given their respective owners (chowned to the user who
       logs in).

user-user
       When invoked as the user who logs in, /var/run/pam_mount needs appropriate permissions to create a file, which means the write bit must	be
       set. It is also highly suggested to set the sticky bit in this case, so other users do not tamper with your refcount.

root-user
       Some  programs or login helpers incorrectly call the PAM stack in a way that the login phase is done as root and the logout phase as a nor-
       mal user.  Nevertheless, pmvarrun supports this, and the same permissions as in root-root can be used. While the user may not  be  able	to
       unlink his file from /var/run/pam_mount, it will be truncated to indicate the same state.

Options
       --help, -h
	      Display help.

--user user, -u user
	      User to handle, must be a valid username.

--operation number, -o number
	      Increase volume count by number.

-d     Turn on debugging.

Files
       /var/run/pam_mount/user

Author
       This  manpage  was originally written by Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org> for the Debian distribution of libpam-mount but may be used
       by others.

See /usr/share/doc/packages/libpam-mount/copyright for the list of original authors of pam_mount.

pam_mount							    2008-10-08							       pmvarrun(8)