Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Function Bug in script - need help Post 302120199 by gzs553 on Tuesday 5th of June 2007 01:35:34 AM
Old 06-05-2007
Gosh...sometimes I am so dense...Thanks for your help!! I guess I have been looking at it too long....duh!! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone find a bug in this code?? shell script

I have done a script and IT WORKS JUST PERFECT from command line...but in cron it has problems executing... nawk -F"|" ' { s=substr($104,2,18)} {b ++s} END { for (i in b) print i, b } ' $1 > /path/to/files/TranId_w$2 q=`cat /path/to/files/TranId_w$2 | wc -l` echo $q >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash-function with array acting bizarre, bug?

Hello, basically what this script is supposed to do is showing a list of hosts that is given a number, that you will be able to choose from a list. A check is made to verify that the chosen number is within the array and this is where things go bad and I don't know why, bizarre. I've spent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gand
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bug in Function Call

Can anybody tell me where is the bug in this below mentioned function call. #The String Search File myString="${LOCATION}/config/stringFile.txt" # Functional Usage function usage() { if ; then echo "************************************************************" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort function UNIX bug ???

Hello there i have a funny behiavor of the sort fonction, i try it out on different Solaris machine and i have the same issue. So i would like to see if there is a rationel explanation here is some data in a file:test.txt ,Test,RSD,RSD_Asset ,Test,RSD,RSD_Credit ,Test,RSD,RSD_Liab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
3 Replies

7. Programming

Tweaked getpass() function gives an untraceable bug

I have customized the getpass() as follows: char* my_getpass(const char* str) { struct termios oflags, nflags; static char passwd; /* disabling echo */ tcgetattr(fileno(stdin), &oflags); nflags = oflags; nflags.c_lflag &= ~ECHO; nflags.c_lflag |= ECHONL; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will files, creaetd in one function of the same script will be recognized in another function?

Dear All. I have a script, which process files one by one. In the script I have two functions. one sftp files to different server the other from existing file create file with different name. My question is: Will sftp function recognize files names , which are created in another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)