Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Checking CPU Usage and available free physical and virtual memories Post 302120188 by filthymonk on Monday 4th of June 2007 10:46:50 PM
Old 06-04-2007
Checking CPU Usage and available free physical and virtual memories

Hi , can anyone please guide me on how do i go about getting the CPU Usage and available free physical and virtual memories?

i know i can get it by using prstat, but i want to get an overall CPU Usage and not a breakdown of all same for the free physical and virtual memories ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Physical or Virtual

Hi, I am on an Solaris machine "SunOS 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc"..how do i check if I am on an physical or an virtaul server. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
6 Replies

8. AIX

Monitor Physical CPU usage on multiple servers

Hello, Looking for some help. I am trying to gather data at each server showing when the physical CPU is being used the most based on a weekly timeframe. I know this data can be seen through NMON but with multiple servers in our environment it could take a real long time. is there a easier... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
4 Replies

9. AIX

Need help on physical and virtual cpu

HI, I need a command to find, 1) Avaiable Physical CPU 2) Avaiable virtual CPU TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why Entitlement CPU can't be set to same as Virtual CPU?

I read that Entitlement CPU should be set to max 75% compare to Virtual CPU. May I know the reason. I have set the Entitlement CPU = Virtual CPU on AIX . It works fine . Can you help to understand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
svatophys(9r)															     svatophys(9r)

NAME
svatophys - General: Converts a system virtual address to a physical address SYNOPSIS
kern_return_t svatophys( vm_offset_t kern_addr, vm_offset_t *phys_addr ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the kernel virtual address. Specifies a pointer to the physical address to be filled in. DESCRIPTION
The svatophys routine converts a system virtual address to the corresponding physical address. All address and data structure manipulation done within the kernel is performed using system virtual addresses. Typically, system virtual addresses are a means of mapping physical memory and I/O space, which often consists of device registers and DMA buffers. In contrast to this, devices are usually unaware of any virtual addressing and for this reason use physical addresses. You use the svatophys routine to perform this address translation. As an example of where you can use this address translation, a disk device driver can use DMA buffers to transfer blocks of data to the disk (for the case of a write operation). The data to be written to disk is present in system memory at a system virtual address known to the driver. To initiate the DMA operation, the disk driver can set up a command packet to specify a write operation to the underlying disk controller hardware. This write command packet contains (among other things) the location of the DMA buffer as a physical address and the length of the buffer. Here, the driver calls the svatophys routine to translate the system virtual address of the DMA buffer to a physical address in the command packet issued to the disk driver. RETURN VALUES
The svatophys routine returns the following: The address translation has been completed successfully. Unable to perform address transla- tion. This value indicates that the address specified by the kern_addr argument is not a valid kernel or system virtual address. svatophys(9r)