Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Some simple question abt Unix kernel Post 302120050 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 3rd of June 2007 06:00:45 AM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Unix Question

Hi all, ok here is my problem, my program below is reading lines in from a file (one at a time) and printing them out. my problem is that i want it to only print out 3 lines at a time on the screen, but the "read value" command in my code isnt working. Whats wrong? & what can i do to get this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djt0506
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have a simple unix question

Hello all, I need to write a little unix script to do some work on multiple files. I need to enter the filenames from the command line (scriptname <filename> <filename>. I have written the code to do double spacing, and some line numbering but it does not take multiple files from the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smn2003
1 Replies

4. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

A kernel question

Hi, I have one boot disk (root disk) that is made for an HP visualize 132. Then I want to use this boot disk with his original installation in a visualize 180. Of course it doesnt work!! I was thinking to fix the problem what I have to do is to make a new kernel for the visualize 180. Does I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmoren
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Windows-to-Unix SCP question

Hi, I am fairly new to Unix. My school computers have only UNIX installed on them, and I wish to use them to do some parallel computing. To do so, I need to transfer the files from my Windows computer to my Unix account on a different computer. I am using the SSH login with the Putty client.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duchesne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple question abt Copy command.

Hi ! All This is very simple question.... How to write a 'cp' command interative. Example : cp /wlsuite/om/cm/Tools/deploy_scripts/*.xml ${INF_ROOT}/tmp | echo "" || echo " Pls investigate ..." My intent was > to copy the files. > CP fails... then let know the user. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel Question

Hello, I am reading a book during my leisure time and it has the following question which I cannot find in the book: -How are data transferred between a process and the kernel? What alternatives are available? If you could provide some feed back it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriod
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple question on unix file permission

As I understand the file permissions in UNIX is basically Owner, group, others Lets assume scott user who's primary group is dev creates a file called test.dat and then grants some privileges on that file... scott@unix-host> echo "this is a test" > test.dat scott@unix-host> chmod 640... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)