Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing line out of a file, please help !! Post 302119559 by Shell_Life on Wednesday 30th of May 2007 05:08:02 PM
Old 05-30-2007
Xeniya,
See if is this what you want.
'input_file' is the file with your lines (A, B, C, etc.)
Code:
while read mEachLine
do
  mNewLine=${mEachLine}"<your_date_here>"
  ### use 'mNewLine' as you wish ###
done < input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a delimited line

I have a text file of lines like: A=5|B=7|G=4|C=3|P=4|... In other words, each line is a pipe-delimited set of pairs of strings of the form "X=Y". What I want to do is find the token starting with "C", and print it and its value (so I'd want to print "C=3" in the example above). I'm... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkeys
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem parsing line in file

I am VERY new to unix scripting. I am having trouble parsing a line into fields for further processing. I have this script: #bin/sh cat ztest2.txt | while read line do zvar1=`echo $line | cut -f6` echo "zvar1 is " $zvar1 done ******************** ztest2.txt looks like: 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlwilli
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question, parsing line by line

Hello, Im very new to PERL and as a project to work on developing my skills at PERL Im trying to parse poker hands. Ive tried many methods however I cant get the last step. $yourfile= 'FILENAME';#poker hands to parse open (FILE, "$yourfile") or die $!; @lines = <FILE>; for (@lines) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ek0
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a file by line

I'm trying to make a script that will read variables line by line from a flatfile i.e. $ cat testfile dbfoo sfoo prifoo poofoo bfoo osfoo dbfoo2 sfoo2 prifoo2 poofoo2 bfoo2 osfoo2 $ The first pass of the script through the flatfile I want: $1=dbfoo $2=sfoo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loadnabox
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple line parsing help

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble figuring out how to reformat the following (large) file: >Cluster 1 0 563nt, >FX2FH6V05GB01A... * 1 405nt, >FX2FH6V05F7LOL... at +/98% >Cluster 2 0 551nt, >FX2FH6V05FTLO0... at +/98% 1 561nt, >FX2FH6V05F5F1E... * 2 343nt, >FX2FH6V05GBHRK... at +/98% I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycoguy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing file, reading each line to variable, evaluating date/time stamp of each line

So, the beginning of my script will cat & grep a file with the output directed to a new file. The data I have in this file needs to be parsed, read and evaluated. Basically, I need to identify the latest date/time stamp and then calculate whether or not it is within 15 minutes of the current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hynesward
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions for command line parsing

Hi all I need to put a command line parser together to parse numeric fields and ranges passed to a script. I'm looking for a bash function that is as elegant and simple as possible. So the input would be of the following form - 1,2,8-12 This would return - 1,2,8,9,10,11,12 Input can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file based on next line

I have a file1 like ID E2AK1_HUMAN Reviewed; 630 AA. CC -!- SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Host nucleus {ECO:0000305}. ID E1A_ADEM1 Reviewed; 200 AA. ID E1A_ADES7 Reviewed; 266 AA. CC -!- SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Host nucleus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Line Perl for parsing fasta file

I would like to take a fasta file formated like >0001 agttcgaggtcagaatt >0002 agttcgag >0003 ggtaacctga and use command line perl to move the all sample gt 8 in length to a new file. the result would be >0001 agttcgaggtcagaatt >0003 ggtaacctga cat ${sample}.fasta | perl -lane... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
2 Replies
base64(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 base64(1)

NAME
base64 -- Encode and decode using Base64 representation SYNOPSIS
base64 [-d | -h | -v | -D] [-b count] [-i input_file] [-o output_file] DESCRIPTION
base64 encodes and decodes Base64 data, as specified in RFC 4648. With no options, base64 reads raw data from stdin and writes encoded data as a continuous block to stdout. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -b count --break=count Insert line breaks every count characters. Default is 0, which generates an unbroken stream. -d --debug Print verbose log messages during processing. -D --decode Decode incoming Base64 stream into binary data. -h --help Print usage summary and exit. -i input_file --input=input_file Read input from input_file. Default is stdin; passing - also represents stdin. -o output_file --output=output_file Write output to output_file. Default is stdout; passing - also represents stdout. -v --version Print build version and exit. SEE ALSO
openssl(1), wikipedia page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64>, RFC 4648 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4648> Mac OS X 10.7 February 8, 2011 Mac OS X 10.7