Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String type to date type
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String type to date type Post 302119494 by anbu23 on Wednesday 30th of May 2007 06:56:22 AM
Old 05-30-2007
Can you provide some example of what you are trying to do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what are the different type of Date functions?

Hi I am planning to create a script that would create a backup of files of previous days or months. ls -lrt grep date | awk '{print $3$4$5}' | tar xvf | /home/tmp can you help me with this line.. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring a variabale as string type

I know that directly we can assign a string to a variable but is there any other way to declare a variable as string type. I am using tcsh shell where I am using a function which would return a value of string type but when I am using return keyword , it is returning only integer value.pls help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Type of RAM

Hello All Is there a way I can find out the type of RAM (DDR1 or DDR2 or DDR3), I'm using withoout opening the cabinet? Any Windows command? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Military type format date/time conversion

Hello All, I have a requirement to convert a 12 hour format to 24 hour time format and the sample input /out put is below Input Time format : Nov 2 2011 12:16AM Out Put Format : Nov 2 2011 0:16 Input : Nov 2 2011 4:16PM Out Put: Nov 2 2011 16:16 I have done this using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to filter specific type of files older than certain date.

Hi I need to find the list of files in a directory and to do some specific operations based on the type of files. suppose in a directory am having .dat , .log, .err, .rej file types. i need to filter out .dat and .log only which are older than six months. i used the below query but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Multiple Files adding date timestamp before file type

There are files in a directory and I have to move multiple files adding datetimestamp before the file type. /Data/ abc.csv def.csv ghi.csv I have to move this files to archive directory adding datatimestamp before .csv /archive/ abc_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv def_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count occurrence of string (based on type) in a column using awk

Hello, I have a table that looks like what is shown below: AA BB CC XY PQ RS AA BB CC XY RS I would like the total counts depending on the set they belong to: if search pattern is in {AA, BB, CC} --> count them as Type1 | wc -l (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies
MTBL(7) 																   MTBL(7)

NAME
mtbl - immutable sorted string library SYNOPSIS
#include <mtbl.h> gcc [flags] files -lmtbl [libraries] DESCRIPTION
The mtbl library provides interfaces for creating, searching, and merging Sorted String Table (SSTable) files in the MTBL format, which provide an immutable mapping of keys to values. Sorted String Tables are compact and provide fast random access to keys and key ranges. Keys and values are arbitrary byte arrays, and MTBL SSTables may not contain duplicate keys. The six main interfaces provided by the mtbl library are: mtbl_iter(3) Iterator objects provide a consistent interface for iterating over the key-value entries returned by other interfaces. mtbl_source(3) Source objects provide functions for obtaining iterators from an underlying data source. The mtbl_reader and mtbl_merger interfaces provide functions for obtaining references to a source object. The source methods return an mtbl_iter object. mtbl_reader(3) Reader objects provide read-only access to MTBL files. mtbl_writer(3) Writer objects initialize a new MTBL file from a sequence of key-value entries provided by the caller. Keys must be in sorted order based on lexicographical byte value, and keys may not be duplicated. mtbl_merger(3) Merger objects receive multiple sequences of key-value entries from one or more mtbl_source objects and combine them into a single, sorted sequence. The combined, merged output sequence is provided via the mtbl_source interface. mtbl_sorter(3) Sorter objects receive a sequence of key-value entries provided by the caller and return them in sorted order. The caller must provide a callback function to merge values in the case of entries with duplicate keys. The sorted output sequence may be retrieved via the mtbl_iter interface or be dumped to an mtbl_writer object. mtbl_fileset(3) Fileset objects automatically maintain an mtbl_source built on top of the mtbl_merger and mtbl_reader interfaces. The set of underlying mtbl_reader objects is kept synchronized with a "setfile" on disk listing MTBL files. Additionally, several utility interfaces are provided: mtbl_crc32c(3) Calculates the CRC32C checksum of a byte array. mtbl_fixed(3) Functions for fixed-width encoding and decoding of 32 and 64 bit integers. mtbl_varint(3) Functions for varint encoding and decoding of 32 and 64 bit integers. 05/29/2012 MTBL(7)