Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: String type to date type
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String type to date type Post 302119490 by rinku on Wednesday 30th of May 2007 06:53:00 AM
Old 05-30-2007
String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

what are the different type of Date functions?

Hi I am planning to create a script that would create a backup of files of previous days or months. ls -lrt grep date | awk '{print $3$4$5}' | tar xvf | /home/tmp can you help me with this line.. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webmunkey23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

declaring a variabale as string type

I know that directly we can assign a string to a variable but is there any other way to declare a variable as string type. I am using tcsh shell where I am using a function which would return a value of string type but when I am using return keyword , it is returning only integer value.pls help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Type of RAM

Hello All Is there a way I can find out the type of RAM (DDR1 or DDR2 or DDR3), I'm using withoout opening the cabinet? Any Windows command? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Military type format date/time conversion

Hello All, I have a requirement to convert a 12 hour format to 24 hour time format and the sample input /out put is below Input Time format : Nov 2 2011 12:16AM Out Put Format : Nov 2 2011 0:16 Input : Nov 2 2011 4:16PM Out Put: Nov 2 2011 16:16 I have done this using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to filter specific type of files older than certain date.

Hi I need to find the list of files in a directory and to do some specific operations based on the type of files. suppose in a directory am having .dat , .log, .err, .rej file types. i need to filter out .dat and .log only which are older than six months. i used the below query but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move Multiple Files adding date timestamp before file type

There are files in a directory and I have to move multiple files adding datetimestamp before the file type. /Data/ abc.csv def.csv ghi.csv I have to move this files to archive directory adding datatimestamp before .csv /archive/ abc_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv def_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - String substitution within specified section in ini type file

Hello. I am trying to modify a config file which is in windows *.ini type file. I have found a piece of code here :linux - Edit file in unix using SED - Stack Overflow As I can't make it doing the job , I am trying to find a solution step by step. here a modified sample file : my_sample.ini... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count occurrence of string (based on type) in a column using awk

Hello, I have a table that looks like what is shown below: AA BB CC XY PQ RS AA BB CC XY RS I would like the total counts depending on the set they belong to: if search pattern is in {AA, BB, CC} --> count them as Type1 | wc -l (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
3 Replies
XmVaCreateSimpleCheckBox(3X)											      XmVaCreateSimpleCheckBox(3X)

NAME
XmVaCreateSimpleCheckBox - A RowColumn widget convenience creation function SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/RowColumn.h> Widget XmVaCreateSimpleCheckBox (parent, name, callback, arg...) Widget parent; String name; XtCallbackProc callback; DESCRIPTION
XmVaCreateSimpleCheckBox creates an instance of a RowColumn widget of type XmWORK_AREA and returns the associated widget ID. This routine uses the ANSI C variable-length argument list (varargs) calling convention. This routine creates a CheckBox and its ToggleButtonGadget children. A CheckBox is similar to a RadioBox, except that more than one button can be selected at a time. The name of each button is button_n, where n is an integer from 0 to one minus the number of buttons in the menu. Buttons are named and created in the order in which they are specified in the variable portion of the argument list. Specifies the parent widget ID. Specifies the name of the created widget. Specifies a callback procedure to be called when a button's value changes. This callback function is added to each button after creation as the button's XmNvalueChangedCallback. The callback function is called when a button's value changes, and the button number is returned in the client_data field. The variable portion of the argument list consists of groups of arguments. The first argument in each group is a constant or a string and determines which arguments follow in that group. The last argument in the list must be NULL. Following are the possible first arguments in each group of varargs: This is followed by four additional arguments. The set specifies one button in the CheckBox and some of its resource values. Following are the additional four arguments, in this order: The label string, of type XmString. The mnemonic, of type KeySym. This is ignored in this release. The accelerator, of type String. This is ignored in this release. The accelerator text, of type XmString. This is ignored in this release. This is followed by one additional argument, the value of the resource, of type XtArgVal. The pair specifies a resource and its value for the RowColumn widget. This is followed by four additional arguments. The set specifies a resource and its value for the RowColumn widget. A resource type conversion is performed if necessary. Following are the additional four arguments, in this order: The resource name, of type String. The type of the resource value supplied, of type String. The resource value (or a pointer to the resource value, depending on the type and size of the value), of type XtArgVal. The size of the resource value in bytes, of type int. This is followed by one additional argument of type XtVarArgsList. This argument is a nested list of varargs returned by XtVaCreateArgsList. For more information on variable-length argument lists, see the X Toolkit Intrinsics documentation. A number of resources exist specifically for use with this and other simple menu creation routines. For a complete definition of RowColumn and its associated resources, see XmRowColumn(3X). RETURN VALUE
Returns the RowColumn widget ID. SEE ALSO
XmCreateRadioBox(3X), XmCreateRowColumn(3X), XmCreateSimpleCheckBox(3X), XmCreateSimpleRadioBox(3X), XmRowColumn(3X), XmVaCreateSimpleRa- dioBox(3X) XmVaCreateSimpleCheckBox(3X)