Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Strange Real Memory usage behavior Post 302119440 by johnf on Wednesday 30th of May 2007 01:57:50 AM
Old 05-30-2007
Can you or have you tried a re-boot. Also set NMON running (If you have not already) to analyse what app is taking most of the memory. Also with 32Gb of memory your paging is now far to small it should be 48 Gb.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. AIX

Real memory usage is reaching 99.99%

Hi i am new to aix , we are using aix 5.3 version and model is 510 and 520 model servers. in our servers contains 8 gb ram. but servers average ram usage is reaching 99.9% , can any body help on this , is any impact if memory usage reach 99.9%. Regards Balaji Poola (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balajipoola007
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Programming

Strange behavior in C++

I have the following program: int main(int argc, char** argv){ unsigned long int mean=0; for(int i=1;i<10;i++){ mean+=poisson(12); cout<<mean<<endl; } cout<<"Sum of poisson: "<< mean; return 0; } when I run it, I get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubuntu strange behavior

It is so till login screen. I mean that when I boot my computer, Ubuntu shows a splash screen with mouse instead of Ubuntu logo and in the login screen it shows XUbuntu login screen... It began when I upgraded to previous kernel, I suppose, but I'm not sure... I can't say that it annoys me very... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
6 Replies

6. AIX

Strange memory behavior

Hello together, i have a strange memory behavior on a AIX 7.1 System, which i cannot explain. The Filesystem-Cache will not be grow up and drops often after few minutes. I know if a file was deleted, that the same segment in the FS-Cache will also be cleared. But i am not sure if this is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behavior on one of my server

I am not sure what is wrong, but I have some strange behavior when printing things out. I do create a file with only one word test, no space, no new line etc. nano file<enter> test<ctrl x>y<enter> Server 1 gets (fail) awk '{print "+"$0"*"}' file *test Server 2 gets (OK) awk '{print... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
9 Replies

8. AIX

Strange behavior with tar

I am trying to create an archive using tar. I am specifying a list of directories using the -L option. For testing purposes I created a simple directory structure: /backup/test /backup/test/test1 /backup/test/test2 The file specified by the -L option, named files.txt, contains:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: judykstra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behavior of grep

Hi All, I am facing a strange problem while grepping for a process. Here is the small script that i have written. It will look for any process running with the parameter passed to the script. If no process is running it should print appropriate message. $ cat t.ksh #!/bin/ksh set -x ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange Ctrl+C behavior

Hello All, I have a strange issue. I've created a shell script which connects to RMAN (Oracle Recovery Manager) and executes full DB backup. I then executed this script with nohup and in the background: $ nohup my_script.sh > logfile.log 2>&1 &The issue is that when I tried to take a look into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackK
6 Replies
GET_NPROCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     GET_NPROCS(3)

NAME
get_nprocs, get_nprocs_conf - get number of processors SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysinfo.h> int get_nprocs(void); int get_nprocs_conf(void); DESCRIPTION
The function get_nprocs_conf() returns the number of processors configured by the operating system. The function get_nprocs() returns the number of processors currently available in the system. This may be less than the number returned by get_nprocs_conf() because processors may be offline (e.g., on hotpluggable systems). RETURN VALUE
As given in DESCRIPTION. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +------------------+---------------+---------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +------------------+---------------+---------+ |get_nprocs(), | Thread safety | MT-Safe | |get_nprocs_conf() | | | +------------------+---------------+---------+ CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions. NOTES
The current implementation of these functions is rather expensive, since they open and parse files in the /sys filesystem each time they are called. The following sysconf(3) calls make use of the functions documented on this page to return the same information. np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_CONF); /* processors configured */ np = sysconf(_SC_NPROCESSORS_ONLN); /* processors available */ EXAMPLE
The following example shows how get_nprocs() and get_nprocs_conf() can be used. #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/sysinfo.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("This system has %d processors configured and " "%d processors available. ", get_nprocs_conf(), get_nprocs()); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
nproc(1) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 GET_NPROCS(3)