Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking availability of Web pages through Unix script Post 302119434 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 30th of May 2007 12:36:44 AM
Old 05-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.yamunarani
hi all,

can any one tell me how to pass username and password to an HTML page from UNIX?
I tried with wget. But, there are no options to pass authentication information to webpage.
plz, can any one suggest me how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.................!
Rani
try:
Code:
http://user:pass@hostname.com/blah/blah

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating and Creating Web pages wiht Unix

I am new to Unix and would like to update a website as well as add new content to the site but it must be done with UNIX. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what types of references are on the web or maybe even some basic commands? Thanks so much! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsensebe
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for availability of remote server

Hi. In my KSH script I'm running a command on a remote server. I want to know how I can test to see if the remote server is available (accessible) prior to running the command. Any ideas? My command looks like: `ssh $USER@$TARGET_SERVER_DNS ls -l $REMOTE_FOLDER ` This check should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dylanmilks
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking availability of service

HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME FOR BELOW QUESTION CHECKING AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE IN LINUX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script should keep checking for availability of files.

Hi, I want my script to check for availability of few files contineously for some time. Lets say from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM script should keep checking on a particular location for each file one by one. If all the files are available then only it should complete the next processing part, else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Web Pages?

Hey guys, Unfortunatley, I can not use wget on our systems.... I am looking for another way for a UNIX script to test web pages and let me know if they are up or down for some of our application. Has anyone saw this before? Thanks, Ryan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rwcolb90
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get web pages and compare

Hello, I'm writing a shell script to wget content web pages from multiple server into a variable and compare if they match return 0 or return 2 #!/bin/bash # Cluster 1 CLUSTER1_SERVERS="srv1 srv2 srv3 srv4" CLUSTER1_APPLIS="test/version.html test2.version.jsp" # Liste des... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get web pages and compare

Hello I'm writing a script to get content of web pages on different machines and compare them using their md5 hash hear is my code #!/bin/bash # Cluster 1 CLUSTER1_SERVERS="srv01:7051 srv02:7052 srv03:7053 srv04:7054" CLUSTER1_APPLIS="test/version.html test2/version.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking SQL DB Availability

Hello everybody. I have a little question. Im creating a script for checking the status of different servers, and everything is running fine except for one thing. I have to check if certain DBs are connectables, I dont care anything else, nor running querys nor updating tables, the only thing I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeaSoul
4 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)