Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Is there any way to get old HP-UX versions? Post 302119320 by Perderabo on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 07:28:40 AM
Old 05-29-2007
Sometimes you see old versions on Ebay, but I've never seen anything that old. I think that 7 was the first version to be offered on CD, but I'm not sure. I am sure that CD would not be the only option for 7, so you specify what media you are expecting. You might get it on open reel tape or CS-80 tape or DDS tape. At least 7 was on all three of these media for the 800's... I never used a 300 series box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

too many linux versions

hi all, im very new to linux, i want to install it on my laptop along side windows nt, there are so many versions of linux, i dont know which one to use, could i get some advice please on which one i should use and how to go about installing it, (do i need a partition ?) thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katekuti
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

different versions?

can someone tell me a shell-script to convert an older version of a file with the current one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deeptia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Versions of UNIX

Hi all: I was just wondering if someone could tell me what versions of UNIX are available to public? I'm aware of all the available distro's for Linux e.g. Debain, SuSe, RedHat, etc ... However you never really here much about UNIX distro's! Is UNIX BDS a common one in use? Thanks Oliver (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliver79
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Versions

I need to collect the software versions for various pieces of software installed on my SunOS box. is there a software listing somewhere? Any help on how to do that would be very much appreciated. Thanks, GBWR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GBWR
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Versions of HP-UX or AIX

Can I install a HP-UX or IBM AIX in my home pc?. It is a Intel Pentium 4 of 64 bits. Is there any version for me?. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurt1978
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris versions

Hi, Does anyone know if the various releases of Solaris are archived anywhere? I work for a DR company and it would be useful to have different releases of a Solaris version number i.e. Solaris 10 6/06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What are these kernel versions?

2.6.32-028stab094.3 x86_64 vs 2.6.32-5-amd64 x86_64 and where can i download the first one? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suffeks
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Versions of HP-UX

Lo guys, I've just started a new department in work and I'm going to be using HP-UX with Vi. The problem is I'm completely new to UNIX, I'm currently learning at work but I only have limited amounts of time on our dev systems. Is it possible to get a free/educational version any where? I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: john2012
4 Replies

9. Linux

Different versions of Linux

Hello Friends, Please anyone share with me, the name of different versions of Linux? Which are the latest versions of Linux ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggiwebsinfo
2 Replies

10. Fedora

All different versions of UNIX

Hello, I am very new at this and would like to know how many versions of Unix there are and all of the different versions of unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosanna azani
3 Replies
MT(1)                                                                GNU CPIO                                                                MT(1)

NAME
mt - control magnetic tape drive operation SYNOPSIS
mt [-V] [-f device] [--file=device] [--rsh-command=command] [--version] operation [count] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the GNU version of mt. mt performs the given operation, which must be one of the tape operations listed below, on a tape drive. The default tape device to operate on is taken from the file /usr/include/sys/mtio.h when mt is compiled. It can be overridden by giving a device file name in the environment variable TAPE or by a command line option (see below), which also overrides the environment variable. The device must be either a character special file or a remote tape drive. To use a tape drive on another machine as the archive, use a filename that starts with `HOSTNAME:'. The hostname can be preceded by a username and an `@' to access the remote tape drive as that user, if you have permission to do so (typically an entry in that user's `~/.rhosts' file). The available operations are listed below. Unique abbreviations are accepted. Not all operations are available on all systems, or work on all types of tape drives. Some operations optionally take a repeat count, which can be given after the operation name and defaults to 1. eof, weof Write count EOF marks at current position. fsf Forward space count files. The tape is positioned on the first block of the next file. bsf Backward space count files. The tape is positioned on the first block of the next file. fsr Forward space count records. bsr Backward space count records. bsfm Backward space count file marks. The tape is positioned on the beginning-of-the-tape side of the file mark. fsfm Forward space count file marks. The tape is positioned on the beginning-of-the-tape side of the file mark. asf Absolute space to file number count. Equivalent to rewind followed by fsf count. seek Seek to block number count. eom Space to the end of the recorded media on the tape (for appending files onto tapes). rewind Rewind the tape. offline, rewoffl Rewind the tape and, if applicable, unload the tape. status Print status information about the tape unit. retension Rewind the tape, then wind it to the end of the reel, then rewind it again. erase Perform long erase of tape. If count is 0, perform short erase of tape (some devices do not support this). mt exits with a status of 0 if the operation succeeded, 1 if the operation or device name given was invalid, or 2 if the operation failed. OPTIONS -f, --file=device Use device as the file name of the tape drive to operate on. To use a tape drive on another machine, use a filename that starts with `HOSTNAME:'. The hostname can be preceded by a username and an `@' to access the remote tape drive as that user, if you have permission to do so (typically an entry in that user's `~/.rhosts' file). --rsh-command=command Notifies mt that it should use command to communicate with remote devices instead of /usr/bin/ssh or /usr/bin/rsh. -V, --version Print the version number of mt. BUG REPORTS
Report bugs to <bug-cpio@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. MT January 28, 2014 MT(1)