Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming overriding the dynamic library Post 302119228 by Raom on Tuesday 29th of May 2007 12:33:05 AM
Old 05-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
When a ld.so loads a library the fixups get set.
can you please help me gettin details of this "fixups"

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to auto load a dynamic library

hi, every body. i have in trouble that how to load a dynamic library by hand. for example, i know how to generate a dynamic library and how to link a dynamic library in makefile. generate a dynamic library: add -dy -G behind cc link a dynamic library in makefile: add -dy -Bdynamic behind cc... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: subrain
0 Replies

2. Linux

load dynamic and shared library in kernel

hi how can i load dynamic or shared library in linux kernel modules . mtaghiloo@yahoo.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtaghiloo
0 Replies

3. Programming

loading a dynamic library in linux

is there a way to load a dynamic library in linux? I know tht in AIX u can do it using the loadAndInit() function. Please guide me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacques83
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overriding PATH

Hello, I'm using Sun solaris . I'm trying to override the environmental variable in my script, however when I execute the script, the PATH whatever being set in .profile is taking precedence. I have done the sanity checks like order of my entry in path, permissions for the user etc., To... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brainyoung
1 Replies

5. Programming

C++ overriding Vs hiding

class B { public: void fns(void){//base def;} }; class D:public B { public: void fns(void) {//new def;} }; I was thinking the above is overriding but somewhere else i found the above is just hiding.Only virtual functions can be considered as overriding? This is the exact statement ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnbach
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to obtain list of object files in a shared (dynamic) library?

How can I simply obtain a list of the object files in a shared (dynamic) library. I am looking for the equivalent of "ar -t <lib>" for archived (static) libraries. Thanks in advance. :rolleyes: ---------- Post updated at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:16 PM ---------- The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with shared dynamic library files

I am having a major problem. Most of the commands that i am running on my centos 5 system is giving the error of type: <dynamic shared library file>:open failed: No such file or directory For example: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory How can i solve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
6 Replies

8. Programming

Dynamic library load with dlopen

Hi, I created two library libsum.so and libproduct.so. In the libproduct.so is defined function "product" that use function "sum" defined in libsum.so. So libproduct depends on libsum. In main function I called product function by a dlopen request. Unfortunaly, when I execute program I have an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade82
5 Replies

9. Programming

problem in dynamic library*.so

hello I apologize if my question bothers you I work on a code developed in C + + which worked well on mac os, this code will help create libraries *.so from *.cc and *.h I used this as flags:CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -fPIC -Wall -ldl -D_GNU_SOURCE ,CXX := g++ and $(CXX)-shared -o $(LIBNAME) $(CLIBLIB)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheapc
0 Replies

10. Programming

Specifying dynamic library path to linker at compile time

I would like to compile a binary that doesnot depend on LD_LIBRARY_PATH as this binary will be setuid to owner and used by other users and since setuid doesnot support LD_LIBRARY_PATH making it independent of LD_LIBRARY_PATH would be great. But I am not able to specify the path of the shared... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)