Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users HP-UX users get logged off while idle. Post 302119167 by Laoinjo on Monday 28th of May 2007 10:44:30 AM
Old 05-28-2007
Sigh

The problem is out of my hands now.
The clientgroup wich makes the images is on the problem now.
Everyone are puzzled.
I'll post the solution when they solve it (if they solve it).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Is there a script available to kill Idle users

My max user parm is set to 1050. I'm currently at 1038 this is causing major slow downs on the server. I looking for a way log off "idle" user logins with out having to do it individually. :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
5 Replies

2. AIX

Log off idle users

How to set a timer for log out users that have been idle for a long time? It is a AIX 5L (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding idle users

I am trying to write a script that will list the idle users on my system which is running HPUX 11.11. The script is currently written as : who -u > /home/rfm/scripts/user.txt echo " There are currently... " wc -l /home/rfm/scripts/user.txt echo " User logins on System : `uname -n` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfmurphy_6
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for killing idle users

I need a script that will look for idle users and kill there proc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Idle users over 1 day

Please help, im modifing an idle script to capture (not kill) users who havee been idle over a time. now i've got to work with the exection of users whos idle time gove over 24 hrs and becomes "old". please advice on how to correct... #Clear old report, generate new data and new report echo "\n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need a scipt to email users with idle processes!?

hello, i am VERY new to this whole script world. I need to come up with a script that will email a user if they have an idle process past 500 minutes...any suggestions??? Thanks so much. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheppy28
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing idle users TIA

I wrote a script to kill users idle more than 1/2 hour, ignoring those in an exception list. Here is the script as it is now: #! /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { system("who -u | sort +5 > /tmp/loginfile"); system("echo User Sessions Killed > /tmp/killedlogins"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaBear
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

kill idle users

Hi, In my network we uses the NetTerm program to connect us to HP-UX 10.x server from windows workstations, but in some cases the user doesn't logout and close it by window's x button. The problem is that in HP-UX the user and all his tasks remain active and when he enter again HP-UX creates a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Logging out idle users after a certain timeframe

We recently underwent a security audit and have a new requirement to not allow users to stay logged on overnight. In order to place this policy into effect i need a way to check for idle users and log them off. Is there any good way to enforce this policy in Solaris 10 and make it work in such a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
11 Replies

10. AIX

Telnet sessions stay as idle users

Hi The telnet sessions stay as idle users. It is not getting kicked out. Please advise what could be the issue. only when we reboot the server these telnet sessions goes. Below is the current output from the server. we rebooted the server three days ago: pmut6:/> uptime 04:21PM... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
8 Replies
CHRT(1) 							   User Commands							   CHRT(1)

NAME
chrt - manipulate the real-time attributes of a process SYNOPSIS
chrt [options] prio command [arg]... chrt [options] -p [prio] pid DESCRIPTION
chrt sets or retrieves the real-time scheduling attributes of an existing pid, or runs command with the given attributes. Both policy (one of SCHED_OTHER, SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_RR, SCHED_BATCH, or SCHED_IDLE) and priority can be set and retrieved. The SCHED_BATCH policy is supported since Linux 2.6.16. The SCHED_IDLE policy is supported since Linux 2.6.23. The SCHED_RESET_ON_FORK flag for policies SCHED_RR and SCHED_FIFO is supported since Linux 2.6.31. OPTIONS
-a, --all-tasks Set or retrieve the scheduling attributes of all the tasks (threads) for a given PID. -b, --batch Set scheduling policy to SCHED_BATCH (Linux specific). -f, --fifo Set scheduling policy to SCHED_FIFO. -i, --idle Set scheduling policy to SCHED_IDLE (Linux specific). -m, --max Show minimum and maximum valid priorities, then exit. -o, --other Set policy scheduling policy to SCHED_OTHER. -p, --pid Operate on an existing PID and do not launch a new task. -r, --rr Set scheduling policy to SCHED_RR. When policy is not defined the SCHED_RR is used as default. -R, --reset-on-fork Add SCHED_RESET_ON_FORK flag to the SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR scheduling policy (Linux specific). -v, --verbose Show status information. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. USAGE
The default behavior is to run a new command: chrt prio command [arguments] You can also retrieve the real-time attributes of an existing task: chrt -p pid Or set them: chrt -r -p prio pid PERMISSIONS
A user must possess CAP_SYS_NICE to change the scheduling attributes of a process. Any user can retrieve the scheduling information. NOTES
Only SCHED_FIFO, SCHED_OTHER and SCHED_RR are part of POSIX 1003.1b Process Scheduling. The other scheduling attributes may be ignored on some systems. Linux default scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER. AUTHOR
Written by Robert M. Love. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Robert M. Love This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
taskset(1), nice(1), renice(1) See sched_setscheduler(2) for a description of the Linux scheduling scheme. AVAILABILITY
The chrt command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2010 CHRT(1)