Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic multi module problem
Top Forums Programming Basic multi module problem Post 302119069 by Octal on Sunday 27th of May 2007 11:20:38 AM
Old 05-27-2007
Code:
main01.c:11: error: parse error before '{' token
main01.c:10: error: parm types given both in parmlist and separately

There is no need for "void" in main. If you don't need any arguments, just make main:
Code:
main() {}

not:
Code:
main(void) {}

And to slightly improve your code:
Code:
/* main01.c
testing multi modules */

#include "flasher01.h"

int main()
{
     int a = 3, b = 4;
     printf ("%d\n", adder(a, b));
}

I got rid of stdio.h, because I #included it in flasher01.h:
Code:
/* flasher01.h
testing multi modules */

#include <stdio.h>

#define CONSTANT 22
int adder (int int1, int int2); /* you forgot a semi-colon */

You also do not need a, b, or c. I kept a and b, because they seemed more necessary then c. I just printed the return value of adder(), instead of putting the return value of adder into a seperate variable, and then printing it. This only saves a small amount of memory, but it still helps improve the program. If you wanted to save even more, don't even define a and b. Just make adder():
Code:
adder(3, 4);

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

having problem in understanding namei module

can anyone give me some idea on unix filesystem namei's algorithsm (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangc
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic problem

Hello Friends, I am learning Perl now. I have a small query. I have a directory Z with file name Z.txt. I would like to copy this file Z.txt to 3 new dir with new filenames as follows dir 1 1.txt dir 2 2.txt dir 3 3.txt I would like to then open 1.txt from dir 1 and edit the first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh54
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem with kernel-module-ntfs

Hi All Im trying to access the my windows XP NTFS from Redhat linux 4.0 Enterprise edition I have downloaded the respective rpm And im able to install it successfully Then i have given the following command , but got an error Here are my partitions And when i give the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balumankala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compatibility problem of Tk Module in different versions

Hi, I am using Tk module in perl 5.6 and it is working fine. Now when i installed the newer version 5.10.0 then getting error that Tk module not found. But i will have to work on this newer verison only to use some other modules of perl. I want to know why Tk module is not working in newer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
6 Replies

5. Linux

problem with kernel module loading

Hi masters, I am new to linux and unix forum and this is my first forum. So please excuse if I am not giving sufficient information. I will give them on request. I have created a bandwidth manager module. I am using a 2.6.9 kernel and in Red Hat 3.4.3 distribution. But when i run make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel module compilation problem

I have one big module 2.6.18 kernel mod.c I want to divide this to several files. The problem is to write right Makefile lib1.h lib1.c mod.c mod.c works fine normally but when I divide into several files and try to compile with this makefile obj-m := mod.o mod-objs := lib1.o ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcintom
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem loading cpufreq module

I'd like to install cpufreq modules on my server . I tried sudo modprobe acpi-cpufreq but got the error FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq (/lib/modules/2.6.18-238.12.1.el5xen/kernel/arch/x86_64/kernel/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): No such device cat /proc/cpuinfo gives this ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic problem with pdftotext

Hi, I have used pdftotext with good results in the past, but today for some reason I keep getting the same error message. My command is as follows: And the error message is I am using Vmware player with Ubuntu server, but I don't think that is causing this issue as I have been using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joq
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem during perl module installation

Hi 'm getting error while installing perl mdule on linux.can any one tell me how to resolve that error? problem is: CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.22) CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JD/JDB/Win32-OLE-0.1709.tar.gz OS unsupported Warning: No success on command Warning (usually harmless):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)