Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Unix inode structure.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO Unix inode structure. Post 302118963 by rbn on Friday 25th of May 2007 01:34:18 PM
Old 05-25-2007
Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Directory Structure

Does anyone know of a good Internet source that explains the directory structure of Unix/Linux?? Thanks Gregg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

inode data structure

the superblock has the offset for inode table. My question is 1) whether it starts relative to the start of the first cylinder group or is it relative to the start of filesystem??? 2)and also which entry corresponds to the root(/) inode?? is it second or third entry??? My questions are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are some benefits of the UNIX hierarchical file structure?

What are some benefits of the UNIX hierarchical file structure? I am new to UNIX and researching some information about it for a class so please help if you can. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 88923JJJSDK
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not quite related to Unix but CP/M file structure...

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm having some trouble with the directories in CP/M... I'm sorry about the length but I'm totally confused... I've seen that the directory entry in CP/M contains the following: 1 byte User Code 8 bytes Filename 3 bytes File extension 1 byte Extension 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
3 Replies

6. SCO

load sco xenix and sco unix binary ?

Hi I have some sco xenix object, bin and archive files that operate in sco unix 5.0.7. I know that sco unix kernel can support sco xenix binary. I want to know how can I link xenix and unix archives together? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to get inode's tid and pid

Hi everyone, I am new here in www.unix.com, i found this site because I am looking for an answer to this problem of mine. I need to know a UNIX command to display an inode's thread id and process id. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks :D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodkun
8 Replies

8. Programming

Parsing unix STAT structure

Hi I am creating a utility which needs to create a log file under the path represented by an environment variable. The condition is that this path must be a valid DIRECTORY PATH. So i need to determine that the path is indeed a VALID DIRECTORY PATH. I have written a function which will return... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get only FileName associated with a INODE on Unix much faster?

How can I get only FileName associated with a INODE on Unix in seconds instead of minutes, as it is the case for me as shown below. # Say I have FileDescriptor: 43, INODE: 2590784, File: abc.rdb. I want to get only filename associated with inode:2590784 and FD:43. $> time find / -inum... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the Folder Structure in Unix

Hi All, I have a compute box and I want to tar directory structure under a directory and then Deploy/untar it in a new compute box so that the directory structure will be exactly the same. I do not want any of the file to be extracted and deployed but instead only the directory structure. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies
ff_vxfs(1M)															       ff_vxfs(1M)

NAME
ff_vxfs: ff - fast find: list file names and statistics for a VxFS file system SYNOPSIS
num] num] inode-list] num] file] prefix] special... DESCRIPTION
reads the inode list and directories of each special file, assuming it to be a VxFS file system, and prints inode data for files that match the selection criteria. Output consists of the pathname for each saved inode, plus any other file information requested using the print options below. Output fields are positional. The output is produced in inode order; fields are separated by tabs. The default line pro- duced by is: pathname inumber The pathname is preceded by a dot unless you specify the generic option. The maximum information displays is: pathname inumber size owner The num parameter in the options descriptions is a decimal number, where means more than num days, means less than num days, and num means exactly num days. A day is defined as a 24-hour period. prints summary information to standard error output in addition to the report sent to standard output. Options recognizes the following options: Select a file if the inode has been accessed in num days. Select a file if the inode has been changed in num days. Specify the VxFS file system type. Generate names for any inodes specified in the inode-list. Do not display the inode number after each pathname. Generate a list of all pathnames for files with more than one link. Select a file associated with the inode if it has been modified in num days. Select a file associated with an inode if it has been modified more recently than the specified file. Add the specified prefix to each pathname. The default prefix is dot Print only special files and files with set-user-ID mode (VxFS-specific option). Write the file size, in bytes, after each pathname. Write the owner's login name after each pathname. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Operands recognizes the following operand: special Name of a VxFS file system. EXAMPLES
List the pathnames and inumbers of all files in the file system Same as above, but suppress the printing of inumbers: List files on the same file system that have been modified in the last two days displaying the pathname, inumber, and owner's user name List all files on the same file system, including the pathname and inumber of each file, that were last accessed more than 30 days ago Find all pathnames associated with inodes and Execute the command on a VxFS file system FILES
Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
find(1), ff(1M), ncheck_vxfs(1M), fstab(4). ff_vxfs(1M)