Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending an email with more than one files Post 302118941 by thambi on Friday 25th of May 2007 10:37:54 AM
Old 05-25-2007
Bug

{ uuencode f1 f1;uuencode f2 f2; }|mailx ...

I am using HP unix. It gives the error that unexpected symbol }

Moreover, I don't have the zip in my HP unix. So i tared different files from different location using tar command. When I try to open the tar file in windows , only current files are opening properly. Rest of the files ( we metion the entire path of the file ) not extracting while I use winzip software.

My task is that I just send many files to email id at any way .

-Thambi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email

I have an Solaris 8 machine running a managment application. One of the features of this application is to configure alarm forwarding to an email undress. When i configured the application to do that, it asked me only about the recipient email address. Quesiton: how to configure my Solaris 8... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Files through email

Hi Everyone, I'm using the uuencode command with the mail command to send out emails through a UNIX script. The problems is that i have a number of gif files that i need to attach to a single email but the number and name of the gif files is not static. Example today the folder home/Desktop may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email

hi, is there any possiblity to send email from the command prompt, for eg i want to send alert to any mail id like /data/logs is 80% to my hotmail account , xxx@hotmail.com is this really possible,, if not, then what are the prerequistes need to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mutiple files thru email to lotus notes

Hi All, I am currently using the following script to send the single file to one/more email addresses. I need to send mutilple files at same time, are there anyway I could modify the script or write new one to accomplish the same. Script *************** #!/bin/ksh # Author: Manish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapisguy
4 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sending email via syslog-ng

Hi friends I have syslog-ng installed in RHEL5 server, I make it as CEntral log for all servers in my network, Filtered by IP Now What I want to do is make it send to me an email for a specific log for one of my server, In other word when any log sent from this IP (192.168.1.1 ) For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Sending Unix files as attachments in an email

Hi, I am executing the following command in order to send a file as an attachment: mailx -s "Subject" emailID@xyz.com < Testfile.txt Instead of attaching the file Testfile.txt, it is writing the contents of the file in the email message body. Please advise on how I can send the file as an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
7 Replies

7. Linux

sending an email

I have used an already-built ActiveX control to send email from my asp web pages. One of the parameters I fill is FromName which defines the tittle the recipient will see in the From entrance in his Inbox. Now Iīm trying to use mail to send an email from a Shell but I havenīt found the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RandomAccess
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email with multiple files..

Hello,, I am loading data into the 4 tables from 4 different input files. The data gets loaded, and the e-mail is also sent to the user, but the log files for all the 4 files is not been sent.. I am trying to send e-mail to users with the log file as attachment. The script is as follows:... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
30 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files and sending email

Hi, I need to zip 4 files and send an email attaching the zipped files... Pls help.. Win ---------- Post updated at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:36 AM ---------- Hi, I need to convert 4 text files into xls,zip these 4 files and send an email attaching the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies
uuencode(n)					       Text encoding & decoding binary data					       uuencode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uuencode - UU-encode/decode binary data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8 package require uuencode ?1.1.4? ::uuencode::encode string ::uuencode::decode string ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a Tcl-only implementation of the uuencode(1) and uudecode(1) commands. This encoding packs binary data into printable ASCII characters. ::uuencode::encode string returns the uuencoded data. This will encode all the data passed in even if this is longer than the uuencode maximum line length. If the number of input bytes is not a multiple of 3 then additional 0 bytes are added to pad the string. ::uuencode::decode string Decodes the given encoded data. This will return any padding characters as well and it is the callers responsibility to deal with handling the actual length of the encoded data. (see uuencode). ::uuencode::uuencode ?-name string? ?-mode octal? (-file filename | ?--? string) ::uuencode::uudecode (-file filename | ?--? string) UUDecode a file or block of data. A file may contain more than one embedded file so the result is a list where each element is a three element list of filename, mode value and data. OPTIONS
-filename name Cause the uuencode or uudecode commands to read their data from the named file rather that taking a string parameter. -name string The uuencoded data header line contains the suggested file name to be used when unpacking the data. Use this option to change this from the default of "data.dat". -mode octal The uuencoded data header line contains a suggested permissions bit pattern expressed as an octal string. To change the default of 0644 you can set this option. For instance, 0755 would be suitable for an executable. See chmod(1). EXAMPLES
% set d [uuencode::encode "Hello World!"] 2&5L;&\@5V]R;&0A % uuencode::uudecode $d Hello World! % set d [uuencode::uuencode -name hello.txt "Hello World"] begin 644 hello.txt +2&5L;&@5V]R;&0` ` end % uuencode::uudecode $d {hello.txt 644 {Hello World}} BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category base64 of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
encoding, uuencode CATEGORY
Text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002, Pat Thoyts base64 1.1.4 uuencode(n)