Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can create a directory with 1GB size? Post 302118928 by johnveslin on Friday 25th of May 2007 09:23:31 AM
Old 05-25-2007
How can create a directory with 1GB size?

How can create a directory with 1GB size?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to create a file of specified size

hi guys, Is there any way to create a file of specified size ..ie...during creation itself u should be able to specify the size of it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to create any directory that uses numbers as the directory name

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): ================================================================== root@server # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 5) root@server # uname -a Linux server.integrityserver.net... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
16 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Create new directory and move files to that directory.?

Hi All, We have main directory called "head" under this we have several sub directories and under these directories we have sub directories. My requirement is I have to find the SQL files which are having the string "procedure" under "head" directory and sub directories as well. And create... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create directory and sub-directory with awk and bash

In the below I am trying to create a parent directory using the R_2019 line from f1 if what above it is not empty. I then create sub-directories under each parent if there is a match between $2 of f1 and $2. Inside each sub-folder the matching paths in $3 and $4 in f2are printed. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
mkfs_udfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     mkfs_udfs(1M)

NAME
mkfs_udfs - construct a udfs file system SYNOPSIS
mkfs -F udfs [generic_options] [-o specific_options] raw_device_file [size] DESCRIPTION
This is the universal disk format file system (udfs) -specific module of the mkfs command. mkfs constructs a udfs file system with a root directory. OPTIONS
See mkfs(1M) for the list of supported generic_options. The following options are supported: -o specific_options Specify a udfs-specific option. Specify udfs file system specific options in a comma-separated list with no inter- vening spaces. If invalid options are specified, a warning message is printed and the invalid options are ignored. The following specific_options are available: N Print the file system parameters without actually creating the file system. label=string Specify the label to be written into the volume header structures. Specify string as the name of the label. If string is not specified, a default string is generated in the form of *NoLabel*. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: raw_device_file Specify the disk partition on which to write. size Specify the number of 512-byte blocks in the file system. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWudf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fsck(1M),mkfs(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
not currently a valid file system The specified device does not contain a valid udfs file system. Invalid size: larger than the partition size Number of blocks given as parameter to create the file system is larger than the size of the device specified. is mounted can't mkfs Device is in use, cannot create file system when the device is in use. preposterous size Negative size parameter provided is invalid. sector size must be between 512, 8192 bytes Sector size given is not in the valid range. Volume integrity sequence descriptors too long File set descriptor too long. Not enough space to create volume integrity sequence or file set descriptor. mkfs: argument out of range One of the arguments is out of range. mkfs: bad numeric arg One of the arguments is potentially a bad numeric. NOTES
You can use lofiadm to create a file that appears to a mkfs command (for example, mkfs_pcfs or mkfs_ufs) as a raw device. You can then use a mkfs command to create a file system on that device. See lofiadm(1M) for examples of creating a UFS and a PC (FAT) file system on a device created by lofiadm. SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 2000 mkfs_udfs(1M)