Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to Write Linux Friendly Async Socket I/O Post 302118893 by mipko on Friday 25th of May 2007 03:48:11 AM
Old 05-25-2007
I suggest you to try SOLARIS 10 port-events mechanism

http://developers.sun.com/solaris/ar...ompletion.html

best regards
Mipko

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

read/write socket error

I have client and server connected. client write and read from csock. server write and read from ssock suppose the server does : .... close(ssock); //send FIN to client othertask(); .... READ ERROR if after the server close() the client does: ... read(csock,...); ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fedora Linux for Socket Program Development

Hi, I am trying to port a networking application to linux, I get error while binding a socket to a port, The port is not used by any application and was verified by using netstat and other tools. I tried a simple socket and bind on a unused port, but even that fails. Is there any document... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh.n
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Can we write a multiple thread to receive from a single socket file descriptor

Hi Friends, I have written a program which will listener for more than 1000 requests per second from a single socket descriptor and then it will process those requestes. Its taking X amount of time. Now i want to reduce that time. Will I can write multiple threads to receive the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa.chidhambaram
2 Replies

4. Programming

Help needed linux socket programming in c

Good evening everyone! :) I'm doing a small client / server application for sharing files in C, and I am trying to implement the following: The client of my application sends to the address 255.255.255.255 a message requesting a particular file.In the network there is only one server,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esmeco
1 Replies

5. Programming

Write-Write on a socket

Can anyone tell what happens if each end writes at the same time on the same socket ? - if one of them issues a read() after write() has completed, will it record into the buffer what the other sent ? ex. e1 writes to e2 - - - while - - - e2 writes to e1 (at the same time) e1 read () - what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gendaox
1 Replies

6. Programming

help me about sending file through socket udp with c in linux

hi, i am newbie of socket. i want to ask some question. if i want to send file from client to server, how do i do? and if i want to send file from server to client, how do i do? any pro help me and if possible, you can post code for an example i need it very much thank you for helping me:)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tung1984
1 Replies

7. Programming

write on Non Blocking Socket

How to know whether socket is ready for write. select(maxfds, (fd_set *)NULL, &writefds, NULL, &timeout); By default socket is set for write without checking whether it would block or not? If so how do I know my FD is ready for writing. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Packets sent from Linux TCP socket

Hello, Our software is using a TCP socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM) to communicate with an Ethernet device. When we send a message, the message object writes itself in full onto the socket's stream buffer before the software invokes send() from socket.h. I'm still researching, but have 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bix_20002000
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write to tcp socket

Hello all, I have a requirement to read and write to a tcp socket from an HP-UX shell script. I see a /dev/tcp character device on my servers: crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 72 0x00004f Mar 28 18:37 /dev/tcp So I believe this is what I should use. The problem is that all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

10. Programming

Socket dual client/server Linux

I'm trying to make a "dual/server client" (ipv4,ipv6) with sockets in linux but i don't know how to join both codes. I have a dual client ipv4 and ipv6, but i have problems with the server if you notice the only difference between them it's the AF_INET (pf_inet ipv4, and if_inet6 ipv6) and the port... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godna
3 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 IO::Socket::UNIX(3pm)