Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Game: Name this person
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Game: Name this person Post 302118828 by reborg on Thursday 24th of May 2007 11:53:54 AM
Old 05-24-2007
Milton Friedman?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Another person that needs Internet help

Ok i have a router, which my sparc 5 is connected to. I can acess the router webpage (192.168.0.1). But I cant access the internet. When i use sys-unconfig i enter my ip address fine then i click none for when it asks me for DNS info because I dont have a domain. I was told i can manually change... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Person Added to the Forum

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I am working on my first Bash shell script. We were given an exercise to get ready for the real assignment. I could use some help. The exercise is to "set two variables (i. e., file1 & file2) on the command line to the paths of the text files. We are to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wcarp05
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get a login name of a person who used 'su' and act with different user-name?

I need to realize the user login name after he/she used the 'su' command to log under another name (for specific privileges.) I am on SunOS v5.6, and here by now I could not find a way to figured it out. In another Thread I've get an advise from Linux user to use 'ps afxj' that display a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

how do you call a person who assembles computers?

The title says everything. I'm wondering how we call in English the person who builds a computer. I mean instead of buying a branded computer like dell or toshiba, how do you call the guy who assembles computers from pieces of various suppliers. Thanks for your help Santiago (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies
TALK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TALK(1)

NAME
talk -- talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk person [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
talk is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user. Options available: person If you wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another host, then person is of the form 'user@host'. ttyname If you wish to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name, where ttyname is of the form 'ttyXX'. When first called, talk sends the message Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine... talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine. talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing talk your_name@your_machine It doesn't matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same. Once communication is established, the two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows. Typing control-L '^L' will cause the screen to be reprinted, while your erase, kill, and word kill characters will behave normally. To exit, just type your interrupt character; talk then moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal to its previous state. Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg(1) command. At the outset talking is allowed. Certain commands, in particu- lar nroff(1) and pr(1), disallow messages in order to prevent messy output. ENVIRONMENT
If the TALKHOST environment variable is set, its value is used as the hostname the talk packets appear to be originating from. This is use- ful if you wish to talk to someone on another machine and your internal hostname does not resolve to the address of your external interface as seen from the other machine. FILES
/etc/hosts to find the recipient's machine /var/run/utmp to find the recipient's tty SEE ALSO
mail(1), mesg(1), who(1), write(1) HISTORY
The talk command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
The version of talk released with 4.3BSD uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in the version released with 4.2BSD. BSD
January 7, 2007 BSD