Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sorting/arrangement problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sorting/arrangement problem Post 302118718 by Abhishek Ghose on Thursday 24th of May 2007 12:38:08 AM
Old 05-24-2007
You are a man of few words Smilie ! Amazing!
My unix machine is down, and it will be a while before I can try this out. But now that I have seen it, I can tweak it, if I do run into any errors.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sorting the file

file format is word filename no.of occurances ------------------------------ wish f3.txt 2 wish f2.txt 1 cold f1.txt 5 cold f2.txt 3 cold f1.txt 3 cold e.txt 3 gold f1.txt 7 gold f3.txt 3 rush e.txt 2 itz abt building a search index for every word in the files given as input the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnu_vaka
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Sorting problem....

hey mate. ive got a sorting problem that i would like to share... i made a script that sorts the bdf command and redirected the output to a file. the output of the file is: 691416 34% / 851552 7% /stand 7203048 31% /var 23637584 26% /var/adm/crash 2968864 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarod004
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting problem

Hai , In unix we are going to sort it out all the directories and files based on size of the file. For that we have to use this command ls -al | sort +4nr. If we are giving this command means it will show all the records in a descending order....when I am checking one file bytes its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool4naren
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem (SunOS 5.9 / KSH).

Hi, Can someone tell me why the "LargeFile" is coming first before the smaller files. Is there any way to list the files based on size column. ls -g| sort -k 4 -rw-r--r-- 1 user 6117910528 Apr 28 15:04 LargeFile -rw-r--r-- 1 user 6136832 May 30 07:23 my_20080530.tar -rw-r--r-- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesari
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting file with columns (problem)

Hi all! I am new to Unix programming so bare with me please :). I have saved the output of my results in a file called testfile which contains 3 columns a 15 rows. e.g. 175 754 abvd 948 454 fewf 43 754 fewc 6 734 feww xxx xxx xxxx I want to sort the contents of this file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: daelas
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting problem

1) I need to reverse sort the text from lit.csv (bellow) by the second column, then save the last five lines in a text file text.txt but I'm doing something wrong so any help would be much appreciated. I've been trying to use this: sort --field-separator=; -b -k2g,2 lit.csv -o text.txt 2)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kova
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data re-arrangement problem facing

Input file: <symbol>Q9Y8G1</symbol> <name>Q9Y8G1_EMENI</name> <symbol>Q6V953</symbol> <symbol>Q5B8K1</symbol> <name>Q6V953_EMENI</name> <symbol>G1A416</symbol> <name>G1A416_9FUNG</name> <symbol>D4N894</symbol> <name>D4N894_PLEER</name> <symbol>B0FFU4</symbol>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sorting problem

I have data like this in file Now I have to sort using second column(usage) and i should get first column against it post sorting please provide input (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sorting in shell script

Hi, I have the following list: 42A 42AA 42B 42BB 42AAA 42BBB 49A 49AA 49B 49AAA 49BB I need it to be sorted as following: 42A 42B (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamtejaswi
2 Replies
DGGLSE(l)								 )								 DGGLSE(l)

NAME
DGGLSE - solve the linear equality-constrained least squares (LSE) problem SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE DGGLSE( M, N, P, A, LDA, B, LDB, C, D, X, WORK, LWORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDA, LDB, LWORK, M, N, P DOUBLE PRECISION A( LDA, * ), B( LDB, * ), C( * ), D( * ), WORK( * ), X( * ) PURPOSE
DGGLSE solves the linear equality-constrained least squares (LSE) problem: minimize || c - A*x ||_2 subject to B*x = d where A is an M-by-N matrix, B is a P-by-N matrix, c is a given M-vector, and d is a given P-vector. It is assumed that P <= N <= M+P, and rank(B) = P and rank( ( A ) ) = N. ( ( B ) ) These conditions ensure that the LSE problem has a unique solution, which is obtained using a GRQ factorization of the matrices B and A. ARGUMENTS
M (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N (input) INTEGER The number of columns of the matrices A and B. N >= 0. P (input) INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix B. 0 <= P <= N <= M+P. A (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, A is destroyed. LDA (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,N) On entry, the P-by-N matrix B. On exit, B is destroyed. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,P). C (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (M) On entry, C contains the right hand side vector for the least squares part of the LSE problem. On exit, the residual sum of squares for the solution is given by the sum of squares of elements N-P+1 to M of vector C. D (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (P) On entry, D contains the right hand side vector for the constrained equation. On exit, D is destroyed. X (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On exit, X is the solution of the LSE problem. WORK (workspace/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LWORK) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK (input) INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max(1,M+N+P). For optimum performance LWORK >= P+min(M,N)+max(M,N)*NB, where NB is an upper bound for the optimal blocksizes for DGEQRF, SGERQF, DORMQR and SORMRQ. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 DGGLSE(l)