Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sqlldr help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlldr help Post 302118703 by systemsb on Wednesday 23rd of May 2007 07:21:51 PM
Old 05-23-2007
sqlldr help

1.The below script works perfectly fine in dev. However, i have been told that i cannot hardcode the password into the file during production impementation. Is their way i could ask the user to enter the password when the script is executed

2. I have seven different files each of which needs to be loaded to a different table.
eg
file table
a 845
b 123

( i am just making this up )

Like that there are seven differnt file and tables

If i have to use control file, sql ldr to load data, i would have to have a ctrl file,data file and a shell script shown below. which means 7*3 = 21 files in total

Is there a way i could use just one shell script that has all the ctrl files info and data file location to process all the files ?

SHELL SCRIPT

export USERID=schema@username/password

export CTRL_FILE_HOME=/SrcFiles/
export DATA_FILE_HOME=/SrcFiles/

#************ Load Data Elements info ******************************

export CTRL_FILE_NAME=DEA.CTL
export DATA_FILE_NAME=DEA.DEL

sqlldr control=$CTRL_FILE_HOME$CTRL_FILE_NAME userid=$USERID skip=0 ERRORS=20000 data=$DATA_FILE_HOME$DATA_FILE_NAME

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

value too large for column : sqlldr

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux(Suse).I am facing a problem with 'sqlldr' utility while trying to upload data to Database tables.My backend is Oracle and is using the UTF8 encoding format.I am trying to load a datafile which contains some Western European Characters.While loading am getting an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know sqlldr error?

Hi all, Can anyone know how to get the error codes from 'sqlldr' ?While am trying to load some 'ISO-8859-1' data file into 'utf8' oracle database,some records are rejected.I want to know the reason,whether it is due to charset mismatch or some other issues.How come i to know that ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsh & Sqlldr

Dear expert, Can we invoke sqlldr command remotely. When I try rsh command in machine 10.1.65.116, it's failed on sqlloader command. However, nothing wrong on the shell scripts or environment setting of the remote environment, I able to execute in the scripts in remote machine. in machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr end of file

Hi, I've a batch program that load data from a file like: 00000013|FERRAN|JULIAN|GONZALEZ|1| 00000014|FRANCESC|NARVAEZ|PAZOS|1| 00000015|INMACULADA|MAYOL|BELTRAN|2| I used the sqlldr command in this way: sqlldr userid=U/P control=$SCRIPTS/CTRL.WCT data=$DATA/FILE log=$LOGS/FILE.LOG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raippl
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell con sqlldr

Hola, Genere un proceso en proC que me inserta registros a oracle, el cual ejecuto desde un shell en Unix. Por otro lado tengo un sqlldr que me hace el trabajo en un 25 % de tiempo que mi proceso en C. Se que puedo ejecutar mi sqlldr desde un shell, pero no se como hacer, alguien tiene un... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcoinxs
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlldr in shell script

Hi I'm using SQL*Loader in shell script as below sqlldr $uname/$pword@$ORACLE_SID parfile=$test.par for e.g. if $test is 'file1' and getting the below error LRM-00109: could not open parameter file 'file1' LRM-00113: error when processing file 'file1' SQL*Loader: Release... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoth_kumar
7 Replies

7. Linux

SQLLDR file not able to modify in Linux

Hi All I am trying to modifying SQLLDR file in Linux, I’m getting the below error "counterparty.sqlldr" E506: Can't write to backup file (add ! to override) Press ENTER or type command to continue Can someone help me resove this issue. Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: na.dharma
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel sqlldr to load data.

I am using SQLLDR to load data in DB.For parallel loading I'm using nohup command. The requirement is: I have different files within a directories. Ex: 1) Dir/folder_A/AE.txt 2) Dir/folder_A/DM.txt 3) Dir/folder_B/CM.txt I need to loop through directories and load the data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLLDR :Data not loaded completely

Hi , I am using below control file LOAD DATA APPEND INTO TABLE LSHADMIN.EG TRAILING NULLCOLS ( STUDY CHAR ) and the text file to load data is CACZ885M2301 When I run below command: sqlldr userid=apps/apps control=/home/appsuser/dataload/ctl_file.ctl... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of rows loaded via sqlldr

Hi all, I'm loading data in database through sqlldr. I want to know the total record count And the number of records inserted in table.. what is the logic to achieve that. Thanks (5 Replies)
5 Replies
DB2LDIF(8)						      System Manager's Manual							DB2LDIF(8)

NAME
db2ldif - Directory Server script for exporting the database SYNOPSIS
db2ldif [-Z serverID] {-n backend_instance}* | {-s includeSuffix}* [{-x excludeSuffix}*] [-a outputFile] [-m] [-M] [-r] [-u] [-U] [-C] [-N] [-E] [-1] [-q] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Exports the contents of the database to a LDIF file. This script can be executed while the server is still running, except when using the -r option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -n Backend Name The name of the LDBM database to reindex. Example: userRoot -s includeSuffix Specifies suffixes to be included in the LDIF file. -x excludeSuffix Specifies suffixes to be excluded from the LDIF file. -a Output File The name for the LDIF file. -m Minimize the base64 encodings in the exported LDIF file. -M Exported ldif is stored in multiple files. These files are named : <instance>_<filename> By default, all instances are stored in the filename specified by the -a option. -r Export replication data(information required to initialize a replica when the LDIF is imported). -u Do not export the unique-id attribute. -U Requests that the output LDIF is not folded. -C Uses only the main database file. -N Suppress printing sequential number -E Decrypts any encrypted data during export. -1 Deletes, for reasons of backward compatibility, the first line of the LDIF file that gives the version of the LDIF standard. -q Quiet mode. Suppresses output of the script. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
db2ldif -Z instance3 -n userRoot -a /LDAP/ldif/export.ldif db2ldif -s 'dc=example,dc=com' -a /LDAP/ldif/export.ldif -m -E -q DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
db2ldif was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 DB2LDIF(8)