Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat "No Drives Found" error during Redhat Linux AS 4 installation Post 302118697 by porter on Wednesday 23rd of May 2007 05:18:06 PM
Old 05-23-2007
Plug an IDE drive in, install the system on that then transfer it across to the SCSI drives.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Path Not Found Error "Sunfire V100"

I recently got this new old server from a friend. I just installed a fresh version of Solaris 10 on it. I have put a static IP of 192.168.100.10 the server. Their is no subnetting scheme on the network. And I made the hostname "SunServ." And I also changed the folder "/etc/inet/hosts" because I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisd11
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why emacs caused "command not found" error

I installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on my PC. When i typed 'emacs' on the console, "command not found" error occurrd. Why. :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. AIX

Ssh installation error "RSA key generation failed"

While trying to upgrade ssh from v4.7 to v5.0 on AIX 5.3 TL9, I end up with the following error. Has anyone come across this? Note: openssl has been upgraded to 0.9.8.840 before this upgrade Bala (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail script throwing an error "No recipient addresses found in header"

Hi, I am using following code to send an e-mail with attachment and body. echo "To: user1@mail.com,user2@mail.com" > mail.tmp echo "Cc: user3@mail.com,user4@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "From: group@mail.com" >> mail.tmp echo "Subject: my report" >> mail.tmp echo "please see as attached"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

DELL M910 with RedHat Linux 5.5 getting "Buffer I/O error on device sdd"

Dear Guru, IHAC who is using Redhat Linux 5 on DELL M910. When system bootup, it show "Buffer I/O error on device sdd" error message. Below is the "dmesg" output. The scenario is: If more external FC SAN disk LUN add, the device would change other name. So it will impact the raw device... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Could interrupt disabled cause "opreport error: No sample file found"?

Hi All I would like to profile my application with oprofile but I can't since no samples are collected. The kernel of my app is 2.6 on RED HAT Enterprise 5.3 (Tikanga) so OProfile is setup in timer interrupt mode # opcontrol --list-events Using timer interrupt. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant get awk 1liner to remove duplicate lines from Delimited file, get "event not found" error..help

Hi, I am on a Solaris8 machine If someone can help me with adjusting this awk 1 liner (turning it into a real awkscript) to get by this "event not found error" ...or Present Perl solution code that works for Perl5.8 in the csh shell ...that would be great. ****************** ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy b
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies
addbadsec(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     addbadsec(1M)

NAME
addbadsec - map out defective disk blocks SYNOPSIS
addbadsec [-p] [ -a blkno [blkno...]] [-f filename] raw_device DESCRIPTION
addbadsec is used by the system administrator to map out bad disk blocks. Normally, these blocks are identified during surface analysis, but occasionally the disk subsystem reports unrecoverable data errors indicating a bad block. A block number reported in this way can be fed directly into addbadsec, and the block will be remapped. addbadsec will first attempt hardware remapping. This is supported on SCSI drives and takes place at the disk hardware level. If the target is an IDE drive, then software remapping is used. In order for software remapping to succeed, the partition must contain an alternate slice and there must be room in this slice to perform the mapping. It should be understood that bad blocks lead to data loss. Remapping a defective block does not repair a damaged file. If a bad block occurs to a disk-resident file system structure such as a superblock, the entire slice might have to be recovered from a backup. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Adds the specified blocks to the hardware or software map. If more than one block number is specified, the entire list should be quoted and block numbers should be separated by white space. -f Adds the specified blocks to the hardware or software map. The bad blocks are listed, one per line, in the specified file. -p Causes addbadsec to print the current software map. The output shows the defective block and the assigned alternate. This option cannot be used to print the hardware map. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: raw_device The address of the disk drive (see FILES). FILES
The raw device should be /dev/rdsk/c?[t?]d?p0. See disks(1M) for an explanation of SCSI and IDE device naming conventions. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
disks(1M), diskscan(1M), fdisk(1M), fmthard(1M), format(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The format(1M) utility is available to format, label, analyze, and repair SCSI disks. This utility is included with the addbadsec, diskscan(1M), fdisk(1M), and fmthard(1M) commands available for x86. To format an IDE disk, use the DOS "format" utility; however, to label, analyze, or repair IDE disks on x86 systems, use the Solaris format(1M) utility. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 addbadsec(1M)