Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check if a program runs on unix Post 302118693 by drchris on Wednesday 23rd of May 2007 03:39:26 PM
Old 05-23-2007
just reposting in case someone can help

thanks guys Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

why does my program runs in conflicting mode?

my pragram runs with 3 threads, 2 work threads, one main thread. the 2 work threads run with the same mode and the same code. but now, one of the work thread can't work, and it uses the cpu more than 80%, sometimes uses 100% cpu resource. the another work thread work well. when I viewed the HP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: happylife365
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Minutes a program runs.

I have a ksh script that executes a program with a predetermined timeout in minutes. If the program takes longer then the timeout then it still completes with a return code of 0. :confused: I would like to determine how long the program ran. Then if it takes longer than the timeout I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
7 Replies

3. Programming

how to check memory leak in C program under Unix

Hi, How to detect memory leak in C program under unix ? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
6 Replies

4. Linux

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab runs only one line in iterated program

I have a crontab as below: PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/bin/:..... etc etc 0 8 * * * /home/user/jobs/poll.sh 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null Now the script poll.sh is called at correct time and executes. This is how poll.sh looks like #!/bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Where can I find the program that runs the -wc command?

Hey guys, I was wondering. When I enter a command in the terminal -wcl for a word count, where is that program located in the kernel? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
7 Replies
socklog-check(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  socklog-check(8)

NAME
socklog-check - checks for the availability of a socklog(8) service. SYNOPSIS
socklog-check [-v] [unix [address]] DESCRIPTION
socklog-check attempts to connect to a socklog(8) unix service and reports whether the connection attempt succeeded or not. It connects to the datagram oriented unix domain socket address, and reports success through the return code. If address is not specified, socklog-check attempts to connect to /dev/log. When running services that use the syslog facility under runit's service supervision, socklog-check should be added to the top of the ser- vice's run script to ensure that no syslog messages are generated until a syslog service is up and running to process the messages, e.g.: #!/bin/sh socklog-check || exit 1 exec service_using_syslog OPTIONS
-v verbose. Print verbose message to standard error. EXIT CODES
On success socklog-check returns 0. On error, socklog-check prints a message to standard error and exits 111. SEE ALSO
socklog(8), socklog-conf(8), svlogd(8), tryto(1), uncat(1), sv(8), runsv(8), runsvdir(8) http://smarden.org/socklog/ http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> socklog-check(8)