Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CDE Env.
Operating Systems AIX CDE Env. Post 302118626 by vjm on Wednesday 23rd of May 2007 07:57:48 AM
Old 05-23-2007
CDE Env.

Hi

I installed aix 5.2-09 on js21 but am unable to get cde environment through X manager soft. when i run ./rc.dt am able to get the same but this remains till next reboot. What should i do can anybody help me????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE

I'm running Digital Unix True64 system. version4.0. My CDE is shutoff. How can I start the CDE. When I boot my system I don't even get graphic startup picture in the beginn. I've tried to activate thourgh Graphical UI Selection Facility in /usr/sbin/setup.But all I have is alot of inactive... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi, I'am new to SCO unix and their CDE desktop interface. Yesterdag i installed a unixware 7.11 system, but when I log in as a normal user and click on any icon in CDE i keep getting the same erro, talkback connection failed... what does this means??? I cant even shutdown the machine from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zzero
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Is there such a thing as installing a CDE for use with UNIX? If so, where would I find one, and how would I do it? What kind of info about UNIX would I need to know before going into this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muscleache
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cde

Hi There, easy one for you. I am using Solaris 7 on my desktop at home and I don't want to invoke the CDE environment when I boot up. I want it to just boot up to the command line to save on memory. What do I have to do in order to do this? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
2 Replies

5. AIX

CDE menu

Hi all, is any one knows how can i change menus on my front panel (I need to load the default)? for example : when im entering in a session I've got a application menu ( /etc/dt/appconfig/types/en_US) and i need the default one ( /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C) to be load. I've sold that problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabim
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP UX 11 CDE errors

Hi Guys I just setup UNIX 11i with CDE on my server and whenever i try to log on it comes up with the following : Action required! The desktop messaging system could not be started To correct the problem: 1) Choose to return to the logon screen... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Olamide
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

10. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies
reboot(2)							System Calls Manual							 reboot(2)

NAME
reboot - Reboots system or halts processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> void reboot( int howto ); PARAMETERS
Specifies a mask of options. DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function restarts the system. The startup is automatic and brings up /vmunix in the normal, nonmaintenance mode. The calling process must have superuser privilege to run this function successfully. However, a reboot is invoked automatically in the event of unre- coverable system failures. The following options, defined in the sys/reboot.h include file are passed to the new kernel or the new bootstrap and init programs. They are supplied as values to the howto parameter. The default, causing the system to reboot in its usual fashion. Dump kernel memory before rebooting; see the savecore command for more information. The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. The disks are not sync'd before the processor is halted or rebooted. Normally, the disks are sync'd (see the sync() command) before the processor is halted or rebooted. Because the disks are not sync'd with the RB_NOSYNC option, loss of data may result from using it. When no options are given (that is, RB_AUTOBOOT is used), the system is rebooted from file vmunix in the root file system of unit 0 (zero) of a disk chosen in a processor-specific way. (see the fsck command). RETURN VALUES
If successful, this call does not return. Otherwise, a -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the reboot() function fails, errno may be set to the following value: The calling process does not have appropriate privilege. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: crashdc(8), halt(8), init(8), reboot(8), savecore(8) delim off reboot(2)