Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dynamic linking
Top Forums Programming dynamic linking Post 302118608 by porter on Wednesday 23rd of May 2007 06:07:36 AM
Old 05-23-2007
ELF systems (Solaris, xxxBsd, Linux, Tru64 ) use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
AIX uses LIBPATH
IRIX uses LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH and LD_LIBRARYN64_PATH
HPUX PA-RISC systems use SHLIB_PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

dynamic linking in gcc

Hai Friends how to use dynamic library linking in gcc. I have create the library files and placed it in /lib directory and my program should refer to that library dynamically.. How do i do that.. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
0 Replies

3. Programming

Linking with gcc

Forgive as I am new to the gcc compiler and to linux. I am trying to compile/link a program for the first time and am receiving an error complaining about the crtbegin.o file. I use the -v option and get the following: Using built-in specs. Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbeauchamp
1 Replies

4. Programming

differeEEK!nce between static and dynamic linking

hello, friends i would like to know what is the differnce between static library and dynamic library? How will u create them and what are there uses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
1 Replies

5. Programming

dynamic linking of folder name in makefile

i will tell my problem with example: if i have a folder name called sree1.7.3 i know the starting name say sree and also path say /usr/lib. so i want the folder name. and how can i link this folder in makefile thank u sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
1 Replies

6. Solaris

linking in solaris9

at the end of the compilation in solaris 9. it is showing link error. like..... ld: fatal: library -lgthread-2.0 not found failed to create the binary the library is in /usr/lib and in /usr/local/lib the lib file is present --->libgthread.2.0.so ......etc if i remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajithit
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

9. Programming

Database Linking

Hey, i cant seem to find #include<sqlite3> in the libraries, even after installing sqlite3 in linux. how do i solve this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregarion
1 Replies

10. Programming

Linking .so into C program

I have a C binary file(.so as extension) which is delivered by a product. How do i use this functionalities of this .so file in my C program? How can in link the .so to my C program? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies
GSIGNAL(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GSIGNAL(3)

NAME
gsignal, ssignal - software signal facility SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> typedef void (*sighandler_t)(int); int gsignal(signum); sighandler_t ssignal(int signum, sighandler_t action); DESCRIPTION
Don't use these functions under Linux. Due to a historical mistake, under Linux these functions are aliases for raise() and signal(), respectively. Elsewhere, on SYSV-like systems, these functions implement software signalling, entirely independent of the classical signal and kill func- tions. The function ssignal() defines the action to take when the software signal with number signum is raised using the function gsig- nal(), and returns the previous such action or SIG_DFL. The function gsignal() does the following: if no action (or the action SIG_DFL) was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 0. If the action SIG_IGN was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 1. Otherwise, it resets the action to SIG_DFL and calls the action function with parameter signum, and returns the value returned by that function. The range of possible values signum varies (often 1-15 or 1-17). CONFORMING TO
SVID2, XPG2. These functions are available under AIX, DG-UX, HPUX, SCO, Solaris, Tru64. They are called obsolete under most of these sys- tems, and are broken under Linux libc and glibc. Some systems also have gsignal_r() and ssignal_r(). SEE ALSO
kill(2), signal(2), raise(3) notGNU 2002-08-25 GSIGNAL(3)