Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sun solaris 10 make error
Operating Systems Solaris sun solaris 10 make error Post 302118595 by andryk on Wednesday 23rd of May 2007 04:21:12 AM
Old 05-23-2007
You may try to set the PATH to where make/gmake is installed, something like
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CC LInker Error UNIX Sun Solaris

Hi Together, while compiling my program with CC I get the following Error message from the Linker: Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nik
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

PHP 5.3 compile on Solaris 10 : make distclean :: fatal error

I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Solaris 10 . I'm using etc/apache2 and installed mysql 5.1.39. When I tried to compile PHP 5.3, with the following configure text, ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local \... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppa108
21 Replies

6. Programming

Sun Solaris C++ Compiling Error

Hello. I'm using SunStudio 12 Update 1. When compiling for x86, everything works fine. When compiling for SPARC, I get the following errors. I linked libCstd.so.1 explicitly, but I get the same errors. Would anyone be kind enough to step me through resolving this? Thank you very much. **... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script Error in Sun Solaris

Hi Friends, the below script has been through the errors in sun solaris. awk '/%s/{f=0 ;n++; print >(file="OUT_" n); close("OUT_" n-1)} f{ print > file}; /%s/{f=1}' $BASE_DIR/concat.TXT awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 And ls $MERGE_DIR/*.R | awk ' { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krbala1985
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Fsck: alignment error Solaris 8, SUN Netra AX11505

Hello all, I recently powered on my Netra AX1105 server only to be greeted with the following error message. I am not sure what to do here, I cant fun fsck on OK prompt.. did ok>boot -r and now it keeps booting from net, then I run ok>boot disk then outputs the following message... and keeps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Make error while building perl on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to build per 5.20.1 on solaris 10 and getting below compilation error. Creating Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar for Archive::Tar Running Makefile.PL in cpan/Archive-Tar ../../miniperl -I../../lib Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=perl INSTALLMAN1DIR=none INSTALLMAN3DIR=none... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikrambhimbar
1 Replies
INITSCRIPT(5)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     INITSCRIPT(5)

NAME
initscript - script that executes inittab commands. SYNOPSIS
/bin/sh /etc/initscript id runlevels action process DESCRIPTION
When the shell script /etc/initscript is present, init will use it to execute the commands from inittab. This script can be used to set things like ulimit and umask default values for every process. EXAMPLES
This is a sample initscript, which might be installed on your system as /etc/initscript.sample. # # initscript Executed by init(8) for every program it # wants to spawn like this: # # /bin/sh /etc/initscript <id> <level> <action> <process> # # Set umask to safe level, and enable core dumps. umask 022 ulimit -c 2097151 PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin export PATH # Increase the hard filedescriptor limit for all processes # to 8192. The soft limit is still 1024, but any unpriviliged # process can increase it's soft limit up to the hardlimit # with "ulimit -Sn xxx" (needs a 2.2.13 or later Linux kernel). ulimit -Hn 8192 # Execute the program. eval exec "$4" FILES
/etc/inittab, /etc/initscript. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg ,<miquels@cistron.nl> SEE ALSO
init(8), inittab(5). December 24, 1999 INITSCRIPT(5)