Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers clock() call returning zero always Post 302118500 by smanu on Tuesday 22nd of May 2007 11:29:26 AM
Old 05-22-2007
I actually use the RTOS timer already written by a third party. clock() is used by them & it has been in use for five years now, no problems for long. Only recently the RTOS applications started freezing inconsistently when run on certain Faster Hosts with SunFire V215, 2 CPU.

The chances that I can modify the timer functionality immediately is low.
I want to check if it's clock that is faulty or something else?
And if it clock() that is faulty, do you have any hint of suitable patch that can correct it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock Trouble

Hey ppl, i was wonddering, in mandrake, how to get the clok to display the time in non-military format....hehe thank you im just tired of looking at 18:00 hehe thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
2 Replies

2. Programming

clock() function

Hey all, i need a program to get the CPU ticks at certain points of my program. So, i thought about using the clock function, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how it really works. I wrote this simple program to try to understand it but it made me feel more confused: #include <stdio.h>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kastrup_carioca
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clock change

Hi We had a AIX box built last year but was set to the correct GMT time, but using DST time zone. In march this year the clocks went forward without issues. (if I remember a couple of weeks early due to the DST zone) This year we decided to change the clock to the correct time zone before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markab2
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

7. Programming

problem with clock()

#include<iostream> #include<time.h> using namespace std; int main() { system("date"); clock_t start = clock(); int i=9*8; while(i--) { int j=9999999; while(j--); } clock_t end = clock(); double elapsed =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Clock

Is it possible to display the clock (timing) on the screen all the time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xt timer call, XtAppAddTimeout, hangs on system clock jump backwards

Hi, I've got an issue which I've been 'google-fu'ing without much luck. We have a legacy program which has been plagued by an issue for a long time and I've been tasked to investigate/fix. The program uses XMotif2.1 (required due to dependency on an old GUI designer) and runs on a RHEL7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: altrefrain
4 Replies
time.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     time.h(3HEAD)

NAME
time.h, time - time types SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> DESCRIPTION
The <time.h> header declares the structure tm, which includes the following members: int tm_sec /* seconds [0,60] */ int tm_min /* minutes [0,59] */ int tm_hour /* hour [0,23] */ int tm_mday /* day of month [1,31] */ int tm_mon /* month of year [0,11] */ int tm_year /* years since 1900 */ int tm_wday /* day of week [0,6] (Sunday =0) */ int tm_yday /* day of year [0,365] */ int tm_isdst /* daylight savings flag */ The value of tm_isdst is positive if Daylight Saving Time is in effect, 0 if Daylight Saving Time is not in effect, and negative if the information is not available. The <time.h> header defines the following symbolic names: NULL Null pointer constant. CLOCKS_PER_SEC A number used to convert the value returned by the clock() function into seconds. See clock(3C). CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID The identifier of the CPU-time clock associated with the process making a clock() or timer*() function call. CLOCK_THREAD_CPUTIME_ID The identifier of the CPU-time clock associated with the thread making a clock() or timer*() function call. The <time.h> header declares the timespec structure, which has the following members: time_t tv_sec /* seconds */ long tv_nsec /* nanoseconds */ The <time.h> header declares the itimerspec structure, which has the following members: struct timespec it_interval /* timer period */ struct timespec it_value /* timer expiration */ The following manifest constants are defined: CLOCK_REALTIME The identifier of the system-wide realtime clock. TIMER_ABSTIME Flag indicating time is absolute. For functions taking timer objects, this refers to the clock associated with the timer. CLOCK_MONOTONIC The identifier for the system-wide monotonic clock, which is defined as a clock whose value cannot be set with clock_settime() and that cannot have backward clock jumps. The maximum possible clock jump is implementation- defined. See clock_settime(3RT). The clock_t, size_t, time_t, clockid_t, and timer_t types are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). Although the value of CLOCKS_PER_SEC is required to be 1 million on all standard-conforming systems, it can be variable on other systems, and it should not be assumed that CLOCKS_PER_SEC is a compile-time constant. The <time.h> header provides a declaration for getdate_err. The following are declared as variables: extern int daylight; extern long timezone; extern char *tzname[]; Inclusion of the <time.h> header can make visible all symbols from the <signal.h> header. USAGE
The range [0,60] for tm_sec allows for the occasional leap second. tm_year is a signed value; therefore, years before 1900 can be represented. To obtain the number of clock ticks per second returned by the times() function, applications should call sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK). See times(2) and sysconf(3C). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
time(2), utime(2), clock(3C), ctime(3C), difftime(3C), getdate(3C), mktime(3C), strftime(3C), strptime(3C), types.h(3HEAD), clock_set- time(3RT), nanosleep(3RT), timer_create(3RT), timer_delete(3RT), timer_settime(3RT), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 time.h(3HEAD)