Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding The Number Of Programs That A Given User Running On A TERMINAL Post 302118444 by venkata.ganesh on Tuesday 22nd of May 2007 05:21:49 AM
Old 05-22-2007
MySQL Finding The Number Of Programs That A Given User Running On A TERMINAL

How To Find The Number Of Programs That A User Running ON A GIVEN TERMINAL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running preinstalled programs

Im using the knoppix version of linux, which is booting straight off the cd, and it shows my c drive (partiton) that has all my programs i have installed in my xp operating system. Im wondering if theres a way i can play my games like lotr return of the king, or jedi academy, in knoppox. it shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestra
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing/running programs.

Hey folks, i'm a total newbie at linux (only installed it yesterday) so don't be mad at me for querying this. I downloaded firefox, and unpacked the library files and binaries into /usr/lib/firefox. Now, am I correct in thinking that to run it, I need to enter the 'sh /usr/lib/firefox' command into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shep
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running X-11 programs as root

Hello, I would like to run gedit as root while logged into my regular user account. When I try to launch gedit from the command line as super user, I get this message: Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: Any suggestions or word arounds? It would make my life a lot simpler to edit files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Allasso
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running programs in perl

I am trying to run a program called GMT using perl. Cannot make to run. I have tried using exec("date"); as a test but when I use exec($try); nothing happens. #!/usr/bin/perl print "$#ARGV\n"; if ($#ARGV != 3) { print "usage: jcdplot.perl\n"; exit; } $h = $ARGV;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running programs

I have installed a software called GMT, then writing a script that call the new programs ./example02.sh but I am getting ./example02.sh: line 20: gmtset: command not found I have done ./configure make make install (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

Running programs from a Python script

Any idea how I can run a program from a phyton script? For example, in csh I will do $tpath/tsimplex base=$fbase data=$fdata restore=$frestore \ nxp=$nx nzp=$nz param=$param intp=$intp nlay=$nlay \ varp=$varp sigma0=$sigma maxiter=$maxiter tol=$tol \ ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you print the number of processes that each user is currently running in Unix?

Ok, so I know there's a way to do this, but I've been trying to find out all afternoon with no luck. I think it should print out something like this: 1 bin 2 daemon 6 duo Where the numbers on the left are the number of processes being run by the user whose name is listed on the right. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding user accounts not accessed for a specific number of days

Hi all, Recently I came across a challenge of finding the user accounts lying around on servers and not being used so much. Our client has hundreds of AIX, RedHat, and Solaris servers. For AIX, I have made a script which uses lsuser and a little bit of sed and awk to show the user accounts... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding which is Running number

Hi All, I have a list of data in the listing file and I run row by row to process the record, but how to identify what is the current process line number ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)