Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Little bit of a help or just a tip Post 302118355 by maskot on Monday 21st of May 2007 03:03:37 PM
Old 05-21-2007
Sweet

Thank you for the answers!

Didnt had much time when i wrote the thread ill try to explain a bit further.

First of all COST doesnt have to be 10, it can change.
Second it isnt actually the 3rd letter it is like the 23/24 letter which is the COST value.

When i did the copy/paste phase it just happend to get to there.
It actually looks more like this:
space, space, space, space, space 51 space, space, space, space, space, space, space, space and on. 10

i will do a variable which is like cost=30
then
let $cost + COST_LINK
So each COST_LINK will be change in the loop. But the hard part for me is to actually change it.

Not at work atm, will try your kind replys tomorrow

Thank you

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
brk(2)								System Calls Manual							    brk(2)

NAME
brk, sbrk - change data segment space allocation SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
and are used to change dynamically the amount of space allocated for the calling process's data segment; see exec(2). The change is made by resetting the process's break value and allocating the appropriate amount of space. The break value is the address of the first loca- tion beyond the end of the data segment. The amount of allocated space increases as the break value increases. The newly allocated space is set to zero. sets the break value to endds and changes the allocated space accordingly. adds incr bytes to the break value and changes the allocated space accordingly. incr can be negative, in which case the amount of allo- cated space is decreased. ERRORS
and fail without making any change in the allocated space if one or more of the following are true: [ENOMEM] Such a change would result in more space being allocated than is allowed by a system-imposed maximum (see ulimit(2)). [ENOMEM] Such a change would cause a conflict between addresses in the data segment and any attached shared memory segment (see shmop(2)). [ENOMEM] Such a change would be impossible as there is insufficient swap space available. [EINVAL] Such a change will result in crossing the boundary to uninitialized data in the calling process's data segment. WARNINGS
The pointer returned by is not necessarily word-aligned. Loading or storing words through this pointer could cause word alignment prob- lems. Be very careful when using either or in conjunction with calls to the malloc(3C) library routines. There is only one program data segment from which all three of these routines allocate and deallocate program data memory. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns a value of 0. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. Upon successful completion, returns the old break value. Otherwise, is returned and is set to indicate the error. The symbol is defined in the header No successful return from will return the value AUTHOR
and were developed by AT&T and HP. SEE ALSO
exec(2), shmop(2), ulimit(2), end(3C), malloc(3C). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
brk(2)