Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Publishing X applications
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Publishing X applications Post 302118336 by Platinium on Monday 21st of May 2007 11:18:59 AM
Old 05-21-2007
Question Publishing X applications

Hi all,

I have some UNIX servers (all flavor to be honest: SOLARIS, AIX, HP-UX) running some applications.

I would like to publish these applications to remote client mainly running Windows XP.

I know i can remotely access the desktop thanks to Cygwin,Hummingbird EXCEED...

But I don't want my users to access desktops. I just want them to be able to uses some applications running on a UNIX server.

I know there is the very expansive solution CITRIX for UNIX.
You have any ideas ?

Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: News publishing

can someone tell me of a good php / mysql news publishing script?? it needs to have catagories (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

publishing 192.168 address internally

OK this is what I want to do: On server1 I want to type <ping server2> and be able to get: pinging 192.168.0.12 ...... etc. and by server2, I mean one-word, not server2.example.com I know if I add the addresses to /etc/hosts I can achieve this, but I would like to not have to update all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies
solstice(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      solstice(1M)

NAME
solstice - access system administration tools with a graphical user interface SYNOPSIS
/bin/solstice DESCRIPTION
solstice used on a system presents the Solstice Launcher, a graphical user interface that provides access to the Solstice AdminSuite prod- uct family of system administration tools. The tools that appear in the launcher depend on what Solstice products you installed on your system. Help is available by using the Help button. USAGE
The Solstice Launcher allows you to do the following tasks: Launch applications Use the Solstice Launcher to launch system administration tools. Register applications Use the Solstice Launcher to add and register applications locally with the launcher. Remove applications Use the Solstice Launcher to remove locally registered applications. Customize application properties Use the Solstice Launcher to show, hide, or remove applications in the launcher, reorder the icons, change the launcher window width, modify applications properties, and add applications. FILES
/$HOME/.solstice_registry Local registry information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsadml | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
soladdapp(1M), soldelapp(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The Solstice Launcher adds or removes local applications that are private to the user (not local to the system) only. The properties of globally registered applications that are used by local and remote users sharing the software from a particular /opt directory cannot be modified from the Solstice Launcher. To register global applications for use by local and remote users, use the soladdapp(1M) command. To remove globally registered applications, use the soldelapp(1M) command. SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 1995 solstice(1M)