Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Publishing X applications
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Publishing X applications Post 302118336 by Platinium on Monday 21st of May 2007 11:18:59 AM
Old 05-21-2007
Question Publishing X applications

Hi all,

I have some UNIX servers (all flavor to be honest: SOLARIS, AIX, HP-UX) running some applications.

I would like to publish these applications to remote client mainly running Windows XP.

I know i can remotely access the desktop thanks to Cygwin,Hummingbird EXCEED...

But I don't want my users to access desktops. I just want them to be able to uses some applications running on a UNIX server.

I know there is the very expansive solution CITRIX for UNIX.
You have any ideas ?

Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: News publishing

can someone tell me of a good php / mysql news publishing script?? it needs to have catagories (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

publishing 192.168 address internally

OK this is what I want to do: On server1 I want to type <ping server2> and be able to get: pinging 192.168.0.12 ...... etc. and by server2, I mean one-word, not server2.example.com I know if I add the addresses to /etc/hosts I can achieve this, but I would like to not have to update all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Publishing HTML Page

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I am not sure if I am asking this in the correct group. But here it goes: There is a shell script which does some system checks and creates an html file called system_summary.html on my Red Hat machine say in /reports directory every hour. Now I want to view it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies
dxjim(1X)																 dxjim(1X)

NAME
dxjim - An input server for Japanese DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Japanese input server (dxjim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Japanese fonts installed. This means that the Japanese input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Japanese, the Japanese input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Japanese input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Japanese, you can switch to Japanese from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Japanese locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Japanese input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Japanese. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Japanese can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. RESTRICTIONS
This input server uses X11R6. It can connect to input-method clients running X11R4, X11R5, or X11R6 under the same locale. However, support for multiple monitors (multi-head systems) is available only to clients also running X11R6. Support for multiple monitors is not available to input-method clients using X11R5 or X11R4. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhangulim(1X), dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), locale(1) Others: Japanese(5), i18n_intro(5), l10n_intro(5) dxjim(1X)