Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kernel parameter in SOL
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers kernel parameter in SOL Post 302118318 by sysgate on Monday 21st of May 2007 10:01:20 AM
Old 05-21-2007
you may use "/usr/sbin/sysdef -i > kernel.list" and then cat the kernel.list file and look for what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter

Hi all How to change the system parameter (kernel Parameter) in sun solaris..i wan't to increase the maximum no of user processs.i found it frm sysdef command that it has a value of 3048 i wan't to increase it as smtime while forking a new proceess it,s giving error max limit of user process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter

Hi all I am using HPUX 11.00 .its a HP9000 L class server with 1gb ram and dual processor 540Mhz. i want to know abt the two kernel parameter mentioned below 1)maxdsize 2)maxssize these two parameter has the default values and it has not been changed once. as some application on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter settings

Hello All, can someone clarify finally what are the kernel parameter settings for ORACLE9i on SOLARIS9 ? the following first part is copy paste from the sun's web... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a kernel parameter

Hello and thank you everyone that has helped guide me in the past. I need to change the max_thread_proc parameter in order for certain Oracle utilities to function correctly. It is currently set at 64. I am a dba not an sa so please excuse my lack of knowledge on something that is probably... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
7 Replies

5. HP-UX

Equivalent Kernel parameter in HP-UX

Hi, May I pls. know what would be the equivalent kernel parameter in HP-UX for the below Linux kernel parameter. sysctl kern.ps_showallprocs - This setting in Linux would let users see their own processes in "ps". Thanks, Narasimha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnarsim
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter values

Hi All Need to find kernel parameter values of our UNIX box. /filesys1/tmp>uname -a HP-UX hps1_dc B.11.11 U 9000/800 1681349356 unlimited-user license /filesys1/CDBLprodrun/tmp> Can anyone help me with the cmd to find kernel parameter values? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

nk thread kernel parameter

Hi. I wanted to know, that if an issue is coming, where ,on running a load test, the memory of the APP server(unix) increases, but does not come down once the test is over, in that case, does tuning the nk thread paramter help in teleasing of the memory..??? plz answer soon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE

Hi, How can I change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE??:confused::confused: Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check what are the current kernel parameter settings

Hi all, I have four (4) different UNIX flavours and I want to know whether the following commands are correct with respect to wanting to check on what are my current kernel parameter settings. I just want to clear the doubts hanging over my head whether the commands below are the right ones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies
/* Copyright (C) 1991-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.

The	GNU  C	Library is free software; you can redistribute it
and/or
   modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
   License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
   version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later ver-
sion.

The	GNU  C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be
useful,
   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See  the
GNU
Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Pub- lic License along with the GNU C Library; if not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. */ /* This header is separate from features.h so that the compiler can include it implicitly at the start of every compilation. It must not itself include <features.h> or any other header that in- cludes <features.h> because the implicit include comes before any feature test macros that may be defined in a source file before it first explicitly includes a system header. GCC knows the name of this header in order to preinclude it. */ /* We do support the IEC 559 math functionality, real and complex. */ /* wchar_t uses ISO
/IEC 10646 (2nd ed., published 2011-03-15) / libipmiconsole(3) System Commands libipmiconsole(3) Unicode 6.0. */ /* We do not support C11 <threads.h>. */ NAME
libipmiconsole - IPMI SOL library SYNOPSIS
#include <ipmiconsole.h> int ipmiconsole_engine_init(unsigned int thread_count, unsigned int debug_flags); int ipmiconsole_engine_submit(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c, Ipmiconsole_callback callback, void *callback_arg); int ipmiconsole_engine_submit_block(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); void ipmiconsole_engine_teardown(int cleanup_sol_sessions); ipmiconsole_ctx_t ipmiconsole_ctx_create(char *hostname, struct ipmiconsole_ipmi_config *ipmi_config, struct ipmiconsole_protocol_config *protocol_config); int ipmiconsole_ctx_errnum(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); char *ipmiconsole_ctx_strerror(int errnum); ipmiconsole_ctx_status_t ipmiconsole_ctx_status(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); int ipmiconsole_ctx_fd(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); int ipmiconsole_ctx_generate_break(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); int ipmiconsole_ctx_destroy(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); DESCRIPTION
Libipmiconsole implements a high level serial-over-lan (SOL) API for remote console access. It can be used to establish and manage multiple IPMI 2.0 SOL sessions. The goal of this library is to abstract away all of the underlying IPMI/SOL details away from the user into a rela- tively simple file descriptor interface. FILES
/usr/include/ipmiconsole.h REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2006-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
ipmiconsole(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ libipmiconsole 1.2.9 2014-06-10 libipmiconsole(3)