Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xmanager
Operating Systems Linux Xmanager Post 302118248 by chrisanto_2000 on Sunday 20th of May 2007 11:46:38 PM
Old 05-21-2007
Xmanager

I am unable to find the below mentioned directories and its files. Do I need to install something or can I create the directories and files manually?

cd /etc/X11/xdm
-bash: cd: /etc/X11/xdm: No such file or directory

[root@localhost init.d]# cd /etc/X11/kdm
-bash: cd: /etc/X11/kdm: No such file or directory

[root@localhost init.d]# cd /etc/X11/gdm
-bash: cd: /etc/X11/gdm: No such file or directory

no XF86Config file in /etc/X11

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager

Hi All, I am a real newbie to this so forgive me if I ask anything which may sound silly. I have a SunFire V1120 installed with Solaris 8 on it. I have Xmanager loaded onto my pc and i want to use this to connect to this box. However Xmanager doesn't recognise the box, but I can telnet to it no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe27
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Xmanager

hi everybody want to access a SOLARIS system with an X Client ( or server ) ( Called Xmanager)...i think all xclients opearate the same way. Problem : i have the error Xdmcp connection failed when i launch it! help please! PS: all i have done is just giving Xmanager the IP of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager UNIX HP_OpenView

***** I running Solaris 9 and Xmanager 2.0 ***** Hey guys, Newbie question... I'm trying to get HP OpenView's X Windows GUI to load on my WinXP machine. I know another guy at work is running Xmanager 1.3 (I have 2.0) and when he types ovw& on the server it loads the OpenView GUI on his... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xbrowser/Xmanager question

In the Xbrowser window, under status column, i see the following: 2 users, load: 3.7, 3.7, 3.7 What does "load" mean exactly, and the three numbers? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
4 Replies

5. Linux

xmanager

For remote console logging purpose we use X-manager for Solaris environment. How X-manager config for Linux systems. I want to get Linux desktop to remote pc. that is not ssh or telnet. Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to force Xmanager to execute .profile?

hello all i created a login scrip and add it successfully to .profile now i need to force this .profile to be executed if the user login using xmanager not a normal telnet best regards ---------- Post updated at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:25 AM ---------- Ant updates ???? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
10 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Xmanager on HP-UX

Hello all, please can you help me to configure XManager XDMCP connection so i can connect to my HP-UX OS. Regards, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Application slowness with Xmanager

Hi! I have a m3000 server with solaris 10. Clients connecting to server using Xmanager. But when they open a Java based application its very slow and some times hanging. But when I tried with VNC it works fine. Is this a BUG in Xmanager? Or Is there any method to solve this? Thanks, Charith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charith.upendra
3 Replies

9. AIX

Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ?

Hello, Oracle PDF reports run only when you run the command # xhost + from the console, but if you run from the xmanager session , then report doesn't work running from windows pc using xmanager # xhost + access control disabled, clients can connect from any host # echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11

I am trying to connect via Xmanager 4 to a T4-2 server running Solaris 11. I checked the /etc/gdm.custom.conf file. The error I get is The MAC (Message Authentication Code) of packet is incorrect When I start the Xmanager on soalris I get a message /dev/fb (file or directory) does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maqsood Mohamme
2 Replies
update-fonts-alias(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     update-fonts-alias(8)

NAME
update-fonts-alias - compile fonts.alias files SYNOPSIS
update-fonts-alias [OPTION] directory ... DESCRIPTION
update-fonts-alias assembles a fonts.alias file in an X font directory using one or more alias files found in a subdirectory of /etc/X11/fonts/. It is typically invoked only from the post-installation and post-removal scripts of a package containing X Window System fonts that provide aliases for their XLFD names, but may be invoked at any time to reconstruct fonts.alias files. For each directory, which is simply the last component of its path (such as '75dpi' or 'misc'), update-fonts-alias will assemble either /usr/lib/X11/fonts/directory/fonts.alias or /usr/share/fonts/X11/directory/fonts.alias from the files found in /etc/X11/fonts/direc- tory/package.alias. This enables multiple packages to provide aliases for fonts in the same directory. No font package actually provides the fonts.alias file in the X font directory itself, so there is no danger of overwriting one package's aliases with those of another. For instance, the two packages 'xfonts-base' and 'xfonts-base-transcoded' may both install fonts into the directory /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc. They each place their fonts.alias files in /etc/X11/fonts/misc/xfonts-base.alias and /etc/X11/fonts/misc/xfonts-base-transcoded.alias (respectively). update-fonts-alias concatenates these two files (as well as any others that match /etc/X11/fonts/misc/*.alias) into /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.alias. The format of fonts.alias files is described in the mkfontdir(1x) manual page. An example of how to use update-fonts-alias in package maintainer scripts is provided in the Debian Policy Manual. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a brief usage message and exits. OPERANDS
update-fonts-alias takes one or more X font directory names to operate on as operands. Only the final path component of the directory name should be specified; e.g., update-fonts-alias 75dpi is correct, while 'update-fonts-alias /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' and 'update-fonts-alias /usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi' are not. ENVIRONMENT
COLUMNS indicates the width of the terminal device in character cells. This value is used for formatting diagnostic messages. If not set, the terminal is queried using stty(1) to determine its width. If that fails, a value of '80' is assumed. DIAGNOSTICS
Errors usage error: one or more font directories must be provided update-fonts-alias was invoked without operands. Supply one or more X font directory names to operate on. usage error: unrecognized option update-fonts-alias was invoked with an unrecognized option argument. Use only the options documented in "OPTIONS", above. fatal error: path to X font directory must be used A directory name was supplied that was not an X font directory name. Supply X font directory names only. Warnings warning: absolute path directory was provided Usage of absolute paths is deprecated. Use only the final component of the X font directory name for directory. warning: directory does not exist or is not a directory The supplied directory was invalid. update-fonts-alias skipped it. EXIT STATUS
0 update-fonts-alias ran successfully. 1 update-fonts-alias experienced a fatal error; see the section on diagnostic messages above. 2 update-fonts-alias was invoked with invalid arguments. BUGS
See the Debian Bug Tracking System <http://bugs.debian.org/xfonts-utils>. If you wish to report a bug in update-fonts-alias, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHOR
update-fonts-alias was written by Branden Robinson. SEE ALSO
mkfontdir(1x) Debian Project 2004-11-11 update-fonts-alias(8)