Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl question Post 302118240 by convenientstore on Sunday 20th of May 2007 09:18:16 PM
Old 05-20-2007
above prints the whole line.. I wanted to just print what was grepped.(not the whole line)..

perl -wnl -e '/\bsomepattern\b.+\bsomepattern2\b/i and print $&;'

above gets me the closest but still prints stuff in between little bit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Perl

Where can i find solid information about programming in Perl? Thank you in advance!!!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: tk question

When i run my perl/tk script, a perl window pops up behind the GUI window,, can this be hidden???? Also, can the Icon be changed, the Tk icon in every window??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl question

If I use 2 system commands in a script, will one finish before the next one starts? or will it start the first and the second at the same time? i.e. system("ps | grep rminer"); system("ls -al | grep 431"); (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL question

Hello, pkzipc of a certain zip file yeilds the following in shell PKZIP(R) Version 6.0 FAST! Compression Utility for AIX Copyright 1989-2002 PKWARE Inc. All Rights Reserved. Registered Version PKZIP Reg. U.S. Pat. and Tm. Off. Patent No. 5,051,745 Viewing .ZIP: test.zip Length... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I copy and paste from the book but this thing is not working. I cannot figure out what is wrong with myline 9.. can someone please tell me # cat ./sort4.pl #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $input = shift; my $output = shift; open(IN, '<', $input) or die... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question regarding [ ]

Below program, I do not get why item I am looking for is , instead of . When I do $#text, i get the right value for $value1, but when I do , i get somsething4, instead of somsethingxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(which is what I am looking for. when I do , I get empty.. why? what did I do wrong? can you... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I fail to see how below answer is 1? can someone explain this for me? DB<3> $string = "The cat sat on the mat"; DB<4> $animal = ($string =~ m/The (.*) sat/); DB<5> print $animal; 1 (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

another perl question

I have a question regarding bulding a hash from a file which has below pattern I thought I could write something like this but clearly my syntax is way off $/ = "\n\n"; $" = "\n"; open(FILE, file1) || die; my %keymaster = ( ); while (<FILE>) { my $topinfo =~... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Question ...

I am reading a file in perl script .. during the debug the $linein value is : linein : +ASM1,sys,||¬ |3Æqúoü;”ט|| from this line I am getting the tmepuser and password from above : ($tmpuser, $pwd) = ($linein =~ /^$server\s*,\s*(+)\s*,\|\|(.+)\|\|/sm); I am getting $tmpuser and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl question about

Hello everybody, I am new at the forum and a total newbie when it comes to Unix. I am trying to see how I can add the ability to kill a user's processes? I want to add this to my Shel Script Add the code/process into a subroutine. Also, I would like to use an array to store the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinelisch
0 Replies
DBF_DUMP(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBF_DUMP(1p)

NAME
dbf_dump - Dump the record of the dbf file FORMAT
dbf_dump [options] files where options are --rs output record separator (default newline) --fs output field separator (default colon) --fields comma separated list of fields to print (default all) --undef string to print for NULL values (default empty) --memofile specifies unstandard name of attached memo file --memosep separator for dBase III dbt's (default x1ax1a) --nomemo do not try to read the memo (dbt/fpt) file --info print info about the file and fields with additional --SQL parameter, outputs the SQL create table --version print version of the XBase library --table output in nice table format (only available when Data::ShowTable is installed, overrides rs and fs) SYNOPSIS
dbf_dump -fields id,msg table.dbf dbf_dump -fs=' : ' table dbf_dump --nomemo file.dbf ssh user@host 'cat file.dbf.gz' | gunzip - | dbf_dump - DESCRIPTION
Dbf_dump prints to standard output the content of dbf files listed. By default, it prints all fields, separated by colons, one record on a line. The output record and column separators can be changed by switches on the command line. You can also ask only for some fields to be printed. The content of associated memo files (dbf, fpt) is printed for memo fields, unless you use the "--nomemo" option. You can specify reading the standard input by putting dash (-) instead of file name. AVAILABLE FROM
http://www.adelton.com/perl/DBD-XBase/ AUTHOR
(c) 1998--2011 Jan Pazdziora. SEE ALSO
perl(1); XBase(3pm); index_dump(1p) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-31 DBF_DUMP(1p)