Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xmanager
Operating Systems Linux Xmanager Post 302118151 by chrisanto_2000 on Saturday 19th of May 2007 07:37:34 AM
Old 05-19-2007
Xmanager

I am unable to view the GUI mode of the Fedora Linux machine through the Xmanager. I don't have issues in viewing my Solaris boxes. Please let me know if anything needs to be done about this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager

Hi All, I am a real newbie to this so forgive me if I ask anything which may sound silly. I have a SunFire V1120 installed with Solaris 8 on it. I have Xmanager loaded onto my pc and i want to use this to connect to this box. However Xmanager doesn't recognise the box, but I can telnet to it no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe27
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Xmanager

hi everybody want to access a SOLARIS system with an X Client ( or server ) ( Called Xmanager)...i think all xclients opearate the same way. Problem : i have the error Xdmcp connection failed when i launch it! help please! PS: all i have done is just giving Xmanager the IP of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmanager UNIX HP_OpenView

***** I running Solaris 9 and Xmanager 2.0 ***** Hey guys, Newbie question... I'm trying to get HP OpenView's X Windows GUI to load on my WinXP machine. I know another guy at work is running Xmanager 1.3 (I have 2.0) and when he types ovw& on the server it loads the OpenView GUI on his... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xbrowser/Xmanager question

In the Xbrowser window, under status column, i see the following: 2 users, load: 3.7, 3.7, 3.7 What does "load" mean exactly, and the three numbers? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
4 Replies

5. Linux

xmanager

For remote console logging purpose we use X-manager for Solaris environment. How X-manager config for Linux systems. I want to get Linux desktop to remote pc. that is not ssh or telnet. Please help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga499
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to force Xmanager to execute .profile?

hello all i created a login scrip and add it successfully to .profile now i need to force this .profile to be executed if the user login using xmanager not a normal telnet best regards ---------- Post updated at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:25 AM ---------- Ant updates ???? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
10 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Xmanager on HP-UX

Hello all, please can you help me to configure XManager XDMCP connection so i can connect to my HP-UX OS. Regards, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Java Application slowness with Xmanager

Hi! I have a m3000 server with solaris 10. Clients connecting to server using Xmanager. But when they open a Java based application its very slow and some times hanging. But when I tried with VNC it works fine. Is this a BUG in Xmanager? Or Is there any method to solve this? Thanks, Charith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charith.upendra
3 Replies

9. AIX

Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ?

Hello, Oracle PDF reports run only when you run the command # xhost + from the console, but if you run from the xmanager session , then report doesn't work running from windows pc using xmanager # xhost + access control disabled, clients can connect from any host # echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Xmanager 4 not able to connect to Solaris11

I am trying to connect via Xmanager 4 to a T4-2 server running Solaris 11. I checked the /etc/gdm.custom.conf file. The error I get is The MAC (Message Authentication Code) of packet is incorrect When I start the Xmanager on soalris I get a message /dev/fb (file or directory) does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maqsood Mohamme
2 Replies
amt-howto(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					      amt-howto(7)

NAME
amt-howto - Intel AMT with linux mini howto DESCRIPTION
What is AMT and why I should care? AMT stands for "Active Management Technology". It provides some remote management facilities. They are handled by the hardware and firmware, thus they work independant from the operation system. Means: It works before Linux bootet up to the point where it activated the network interface. It works even when your most recent test kernel deadlocked the machine. Which makes it quite useful for development machines ... Intel AMT is part of the vPro Platform. Recent intel-chipset based business machines should have it. My fairly new Intel SDV machine has it too. Documentation Look here for documentation beyond this mini howto: http://www.intel.com/technology/platform-technology/intel-amt/ Most useful to get started: "Intel AMT Deployment and Reference Guide" Very short AMT enabling instructions. Enter BIOS Setup. * Enable AMT Enter ME (Management Extention) Setup. Ctrl-P hotkey works for me. * Login, factory default password is "admin". * Change password. Trivial ones don't work, must include upper- and lowercase letters, digits, special characters. * Enable AMT Managment. Reboot, Enter ME Setup again with AMT enabled. * Configure AMT (hostname, network config, ...) * Use SMB (Small Business) management mode. The other one (Enterprise) requires Active Directory Service Infrastructure, you don't want that, at least not for your first steps ... Testing AMT Take your browser, point it to http://machine:16992/. If you configured AMT to use DHCP (which is the default) the OS and the management stack share the same IP address. You must do that from a remote host as the NIC intercepts network packets for AMT, thus it doesn't work from the local machine as the pack- ets never pass the NIC then. If everything is fine you'll see a greeting page with a button for login. You can login now, using "admin" as username and the password configured during setup. You'll see some pages with informations about the machine. You can also change AMT settings here. Control Machine You might have noticed already while browing the pages: There is a "Remote Control" page. You can remotely reset and powercycle the machine there, thus recover the machine after booting a b0rken kernel, without having someone walk over to the machine and hit the reset button. Serial-over-LAN (SOL) console AMT also provides a virtual serial port which can be accessed via network. That gives you a serial console without a serial cable to another machine. If you have activated AMT and SOL the linux kernel should see an additional serial port, like this on my machine: [root@xeni ~]# dmesg | grep ttyS2 0000:00:03.3: ttyS2 at I/O 0xe000 (irq = 169) is a 16550A Edit initab, add a line like this: T2:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS2 115200 vt100-nav You should add the serial port to /etc/securetty too so you are able to login as root. Reload inittab ("init q"). Use amtterm to connect. Tap enter. You should see a login prompt now and be able to login. You can also use that device as console for the linux kernel, using the usual "console=ttyS2,115200" kernel command line argument, so you see the boot messages (and kernel Oopses, if any). You can tell grub to use that serial device, so you can pick a working kernel for the next boot. Usual commands from the grub manual, except that you need "--port=0xe000" instead of "--unit=0" due to the non-standard I/O port for the serial line (my machine, yours might use another port, check linux kernel boot messages). The magic command for the Xen kernel is "com1=115200,8n1,0xe000,0" (again, you might have to replace the I/O port). The final '0' disables the IRQ, otherwise the Xen kernel hangs at boot after enabling interrupts. Fun with Xen and AMT The AMT network stack seems to become slightly confused when running on a Xen host in DHCP mode. Everything works fine as long as only Dom0 runs. But if one starts a guest OS (with bridged networking) AMT suddenly changes the IP address to the one the guest aquired via DHCP. It is probably a good idea to assign a separate static IP address to AMT then. I didn't manage to switch my machine from DHCP to static IP yet though, the BIOS refuses to accept the settings. The error message doesn't indicate why. More fun with AMT You might want to download the DTK (Developer Toolkit, source code is available too) and play with it. The .exe is a self-extracting rar archive and can be unpacked on linux using the unrar utility. The Switchbox comes with a linux binary (additionally to the Windows stuff). The GUI tools are written in C#. Trying to make them fly with mono didn't work for me though (mono version 1.2.3 as shipped with Fedora 7). SEE ALSO
amtterm(1), gamt(1), amttool(1) http://www.intel.com/technology/platform-technology/intel-amt/ WRITTEN BY
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> (c) 2007 Gerd Hoffmann amt-howto(7)